DCI running DCA?

but come on, what's drum corps without conspiracy?

look the Ri group has run this show for years. if they thought there was an issue or a "takeover" it wouldn't be happening

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would bet that the DCM people thought there would not be an issue in 2002 either and we see where it got them.

Actually, this may be the movement that the seniors were looking for before we decided to go it alone. DCI was not making any movement to include seniors in their institution or drum corps community from a structural standpoint. This route seems hopeful, and the leadership at DCI and DCA seem to be developing a trusting relationship. This trusting relationship with leadership was lacking from the DCI Div. I corps with our leadership. These may be small steps towards aligning drum and bugle corps across the US. It is intriguing and many of us are watching very closely while also developing DCA-Central and continuing the DCM circuit.

No conspiracy, but this may be a trial period for DCI to see whether senior corps can match the branding and work professionally with DCI leadership. Dipping the toes in the water without jumping in.

Actually, this may be the movement that the seniors were looking for before we decided to go it alone.  DCI was not making any movement to include seniors in their institution or drum corps community from a structural standpoint.  This route seems hopeful, and the leadership at DCI and DCA seem to be developing a trusting relationship.  This trusting relationship with leadership was lacking from the DCI Div. I corps with our leadership.  These may be small steps towards aligning drum and bugle corps across the US.  It is intriguing and many of us are watching very closely while also developing DCA-Central and continuing the DCM circuit. 

No conspiracy, but this may be a trial period for DCI to see whether senior corps can match the branding and work professionally with DCI leadership.  Dipping the toes in the water without jumping in.

i certainly hope in any interviews given, words are chosen more wisely next time. many people still sting about "reliving their youth"

why is it that it automatically assumed that any co-association of the two groups is bad?  :worthy:

maybe, just maybe, if they worked together more often people would realize that in the end their main goals are really quite similar. 

but it is best to assume that there is some sinister plot going on instead.

DCI is controlled by the top 5 (plus the rest of the 12) finalist. If you really want to know their collective opinion of "all age (Senior corp)" attend a DCI off season summit meeting.

Think you'll find any "co-association" agenda's circulating? not likely.......

DCA should tread lightly when swimming in that pool, I mean.....look at DCI's

history in the past 15 years......how long has DCA been around now?.....

B)

Edited by muzzicman1

DCI is controlled by the top 5 (plus the rest of the 12) finalist. If you really want to know their collective opinion of "all age (Senior corp)" attend a DCI off season summit meeting.

Think you'll find any "co-association" agenda's circulating? not likely.......

DCA should tread lightly when swimming in that pool, I mean.....look at DCI's

history in the past 15 years......how long has DCA been around now?.....

B)

I've gotten into quite a bit of trouble by posing the original question.. DCI is running a DCA show? Why?

That question hasn't been answered yet.. but I've been pretty much a reject for asking..

And I must say.. those that portray themselves as having DCA in their best interests? My little question shouldn't have bothered THEM in the least..

Sharon

I've gotten into quite a bit of trouble by posing the original question..  DCI is running a DCA show?  Why?

That question hasn't been answered yet.. but I've been pretty much a reject for asking..

And I must say.. those that portray themselves as having DCA in their best interests?  My little question shouldn't have bothered THEM in the least.. 

Sharon

BTW? Those that disparage what I write? Not only do "you" have a petition against what was a foregone conclusion for DCI.. microphones..

Hate to tell you.. but DCA will too.

Care to have a contest?