DCA Scranton 2005

Best Value Inn, Drums PA :)

Jeff MVE

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cru is at Dunmore Holiday Inn...

nice hotel ~ stayed there in '93 right after they did a bunch of renovations.

they should treat you well. :)

Yinz.....My friend, is Picksburgh-ese. Means the same as ya'll.  OR Yoose....(Pittsburgh.....you know.......home of the Pittsburgh Stillers.....?) It's a language unto itself. There's even a publication explaining it 'nat (and that). I'm not from dan-air (down there) I'm from mupeer(up here). (all contractions)

I have a daughter that has been living there for about 10 years now and speaks the ....."ese" quite proficiently (needs 2 glass of wine though).

No disrespect meant to our good friends the Steel City Ambassadors with whom we are quite close. All in jest.

Did I answer your question? b**bs

Hehehehe....Great explanation, Gene!!!

You may wonder how somebody from 2 and a half hours north of Picksburgh can speak Pittsburghese, but they do up 'ere in Erie!

There is a website devoted to a Pittsburghese dictionary. I actually contributed a word to it: Still Fanum. (a roller coaster that was in Kennywood...now has been transformed into the Fanums Revenge)

BTW, I may be comin' to finals this year....and my friend and I are looking for an honor guard to march with, so I'm pimpin us out. If anybody needs bodies for honor guard, please let me know.

Any rooms with Thunderbirds left???? I loved going to the Italian Fest every freakin day!!!! Leave the gun, take the cannoli!

what the #### does Yinz stand for? That some East Coast word?

Dave, I see that you are still a ROOKIE! :P

See you in Scranton!

...A few of us from Sac (that's Sacramento, California to you non Californians :worthy: ) still don't know where we're staying yet. I just got my airfare purchased last Thursday. :huh:

Yankee Rebels at Courtyard Marriott overlooking the stadium.