Will there be retreat at DCI?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I also want to see a full retreat at Finals. Nothing like hearing all of those hung over notes at the end of Amer/OCan and random corps purposefully playing the wrong music. At least the colors are pretty. :)

i wish the "old Retreat' you refer to meant going back to each corps playing themselves off the field in reverse order and pasing in front of and saluting the DCI Champion.

But i know that takes too long and the corps need to get back on the road so they can pract..... no wait, they don't have anything more to do, it's finals night.

Bring back at least a little tradition in drum corps, at least for finals. After watching last season's fiasco of getting the corps off the field so Cavies could do their encore, everyone sitting by me realized that if all the corps had played themselves off, the field would have been cleared faster and more orderly. Let the corps talk and mingle in the parking lot after they get off the field.

Edited by bluecoats88

After watching last season's fiasco of getting the corps off the field so Cavies could do their encore, everyone sitting by me realized that if all the corps had played themselves off, the field would have been cleared faster and more orderly.  Let the corps talk and mingle in the parking lot after they get off the field.

Excellent point and argument for traditional retreat. If not for us, the fans, playing off the field is a much orderly way to clear the field. I think chatting on the field, as they have been doing in years past, diminshes the dignity of the event.

Just to clarify, there will be NO full retreat at Allentown. There will be one at finals in Foxboro. At Allentown the last two competing corps will combine to play America/OCanada and the last competing corps will do an encore. That means on Friday the Blue Devils and Cavaliers will play America and the Cavaliers will do an encore performance. On Saturday Phantom and the Cadets will play America and the Cadets will do an encoer performance.

Bring back at least a little tradition in drum corps, at least for finals.  After watching last season's fiasco of getting the corps off the field so Cavies could do their encore, everyone sitting by me realized that if all the corps had played themselves off, the field would have been cleared faster and more orderly.  Let the corps talk and mingle in the parking lot after they get off the field.

The old, long-drawn out retreat had better be a mainstay for finals night. There's just something about seeing them all out there at once... beautiful sight.

Plus, I'd want to hear Scouts play (or sing) "Never Walk" before leaving the field. I'd want to hear Bluecoats do "Autumn Leaves", SCV do "Send in the Clowns", etc. It's almost like a final bow to the audience, and a final opportunity for the corps to perform together before they dissolve in the parking lot.