Who do you think will make the biggest jump in Div III?

dudes

I know who I would take from that list...

Yamato sadly are not fielding this year. So....

IF - (big if) - IF:

Impulse, Fever, Revo and Raiders all make the jump to div 2 as has been speculated (ONLY speculated)

Then all of these corps are about to make a big *placement* jump.

The question is - who makes the jump in quality of show design and execution?

Yamato sadly are not fielding this year. So....

Yamato is on the schedule on DCI.org for six shows starting in late July. Where did you hear they weren't fielding this year?

Their director sent out an email and posted on their forums yesterday that the BoD decided not to field a corps this season.

http://www.yamatodrumcorps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=60

Bari Benzo posted this yesterday. Really sad.

here is said post:

Maido and Happy Holidays!

I want to apologize to my Yamato family for leaving you in suspense about 2007 AND thank all of you who have expressed love and support of Yamato.

Ever since members in Japan were informed about 2007 this last Sunday, many of you may have received emails, text message and posting on your MySpace about our decision not to field a corps. I'm sorry you had to wait for the official announcement. Below is an excerpt of the email sent to DCI. A separate email was sent to you as well

"It is with sincere regret that the Board of Directors of Yamato Drum and Bugle Corps has decided not to field a competitive corps in 2007.

Since the end of the 2006 summer tour, the board has had several discussions with key administrative, instructional and support staff. During last summer’s tour, the corps faced several challenges that need to be addressed. Events during that tour have caused us to step back and re-evaluate our operations.

I know alot of you who marched with Yamato these past few years do not want to see the corps go inactive. Some of you may have decided to age out with Yamato next summer or the next, or the next and we are very honored. Believe me when I say it wasn't an easy decision to make. But it was a decision that had to made.

If we operated the corps in 2007, Yamato probably wouldn't be able to provide the great experience you have all come to know. The goals of Yamato has always been and remains; to provide the best possible drum corps experience to our members from both sides of the Pacific.

On behalf of the board, I would like to thank everyone who has supported Yamato these past ten years. "

If you are still planning to march this summer, please let me know, perhaps I could write a recommendation letter to the corps director on your behalf.

Yamato is still planning to host the Western Corps Connection drum corps show at RCC in June. I hope you and/or your parents would be able to volunteer to help with the show.

Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Best of luck to you all in whatever endeavour you choose. Remember, "We are family," forever!

So who do think will make the biggest jump in Div III?

HYPE?

DutchBoy?

Spokane?

Citations?

someone else?

I know who I would take from that list...

We know, we know....... DUTCH BOY !!!!!!

Sorry Adam, I couldn't resist !! Good luck to your guys next season !!

Edited by ODBC

It's all in good fun Rob...but keep an eye on your rear-view mirror. :o

Dutch Boy:

2004 - 10th

2005 - 8th

2006 - 7th

HYPE:

2004 - Inactive

2005 - 18th

2006 - 10th