Are these legal in DCI?

If Toyota put in the same breaks as in the Prius, the robot would still be running around the field after the corps' show was over, until it crashed into the pit and went flying into Dan Potter's lap.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pre-programmed Segways sound good to me. Hell sound good during some long parades too. :tongue:

Any of us "more mature" people remember the Drum Corps comic book that came out in the late 70s? One of the stories was a Twilight Zone type story of DC in the future. Activity went from amateurs, to pros (with corps trading members) to finally using androids and robotic judging.

Maybe we're skipping the middle step. :lookaround:

I think I recall that, or an abbreviated version of it, published in a Drum Corps News back then - "robot corps" versus the human "supercorps" in a man v machine showdown - robot corps won, causing chaos.

Dangerous direction, given the hundreds of thousands of recalls Toyota's cars have gone through in the past few years.

Can you imagine Cadets' drill with the throttle stuck on full open?

Firey collisions all over the field!!!

You really need to think this over.

I'd pay to see it. Then I would run as soon as one figured out how to run into the stands and flog people with a flag pole.

until it crashed into the pit and went flying into Dan Potter's lap.

That settles it. Dan will just have to wear a Santa suit anytime he shows up on the sidelines.

I think I recall that, or an abbreviated version of it, published in a Drum Corps News back then - "robot corps" versus the human "supercorps" in a man v machine showdown - robot corps won, causing chaos.

Yep.... and the "Twilight Zone" twist (which I forgot to mention :lookaround: ) was that there was a guy from the future telling a corps person today about the mess yet to come. And the last panel we find out..... *gasp*.... it's the same guy. And IIRC this guy started the whole mess somehow.

Yep.... and the "Twilight Zone" twist (which I forgot to mention :lookaround: ) was that there was a guy from the future telling a corps person today about the mess yet to come. And the last panel we find out..... *gasp*.... it's the same guy. And IIRC this guy started the whole mess somehow.

How prophetic, huh - I think we were all trying to find a copy of that comic in our home archives a while back. i'd love to see it reprinted somehow.

We're missing one extremely important element.

What will we do when the robots start attacking and trying to kill us?

SNL Old Glory Insurance sketch

Note: The above is to a link on robotmarketplace.com, your one-stop shopping site for everything robots.

I bet Sony, toshiba, Fujitsu, Toyota or Honda would give a cost deal to one of the corps just to get the exposure in the American Market.... then they can sell it the next year for 900K and make a quarter mill off of it. After all, that's what we do with our new toys these days ... isn't it?

Just have the thing play the single screamer notes ....... linked via RF to a synth. NO problemo!

There's nothing in the rules that says, "One Step ... One Heartbeat".