Advice please

BonBon

Can I just stick this question in this baritone thread?

I'm looking to learn baritone as well to march corps. Do all corps march baritones in bass clef? Just wondering because there's concert baritones in treble clef also. I'm assuming they all march bass clef, but I would appreciate any answers.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's both!

alrighty guy, here a question for ya. I play trombone and i play on a 5G with the large shank. My baritone i play a 6 1/2, because its the only small shank i have, but im looking for a good mouthpiece. I am definitely not a begginer, and keep in mind im playin alot of lead, but also play 3rd and need a versatile piece. Any suggestions would be helpful. Oh and money isnt a problem, god i love financial aide refund checks. :P thanks

There's a couple that would work. First, everyone's favorite, the Schilke 51D, a good standard across-the-board bari mouthpiece. Our baris just switched up to Denis Wicks, but I can't remember the number. If Ray (our caption head) happens through here, he'll be able to remember the number.

hm, that's interesting. thank you. I'm already used to treble clef because I play sax, so if corps use treble, that would be the logical choice for me. The basic thing is, I'm going to be taking the time to learn a new instrument, and I don't want to learn the wrong one, persay.

anyone else feel free to share their experiances on the matter :)

Dave, this isn't Ray, but what your talking about is a DW, but it is a Steaven Mead model, SM4. Find it at Mouthpieceexpress.com . If you're an "upstreamer" this and the 51D aren't ideal, but for just about everyone else in the world, they are both great.

i got a DW, the SM3 with my concert euph when it came. i wasn't a fan of it because it was massively huge and ordered the 51D and am happy happy happy with that. true, the SM was designed to match and sound good with my horn, but the schilke sounds just fine.

Will the Shilke and DW mouthpieces fit into my small bore Dynasty G bugle, because that is what i am purchasing it for. thanks for the tips.