The "True" standings

... which is actually a tie for first... "

HOLD YOUR TOUNGE, MAN!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think next Friday will be the first meeting of the current "top 7" in Murfreesboro. Oddly enough......it is Friday the 13th!!! :)

Edited by LaSqueegee

I haven't looked at the 2006 recap recently, but I seem to remember Phantom and Cavies balancing each other out in GE. I think Cavies margin over them in Visual Performance was the key to victory. :)

I wish it had worked that way in 1980. We took the GE trophy and lost the show.

But today's GE is a very different animal.....

if BD is beating Cavies in GE they will win for sure because that is what has always held them back. even though in 2001 BD won guard and horns and should have won drums the fact that Cavies won GE and won it all always baffled me.

I'd love to see Blue Bloo Red!

I'd love to see Blue Bloo Red!

I think the patriotic answer is Red, White, and Bloo

:P

Edited by stockman365

I don't think these GE scores are as good an indicator as one might think. After looking at the recap from Centerville, 'Coats only won 1 non-GE caption (Guard). I know GE carries the most weight in the score, but I don't see any corps losing almost every performance caption and still having the highest overall score on a consistent basis. They'd need some big GE spreads (like the Bluecoats had at Centerville) and those usually don't exist come Finals week...

I don't think these GE scores are as good an indicator as one might think. After looking at the recap from Centerville, 'Coats only won 1 non-GE caption (Guard). I know GE carries the most weight in the score, but I don't see any corps losing almost every performance caption and still having the highest overall score on a consistent basis. They'd need some big GE spreads (like the Bluecoats had at Centerville) and those usually don't exist come Finals week...

Yeah, but by finals week you'll generally have your performance captions as high as they can get, so it would balance out at least some.

Also, "losing" performance captions isn't really accurate in a field of more than two corps. If your performance captions are all just a small margin behind and you get a lead in GE...voila! Victory! If I recall, Bloo didn't have any performance captions below third, which is what's important here.

Edited by Gentleman Marcher