Div 2/3 Championships location for 2008

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the clarifications. My old ears aren't working as well as I thought (it seems). Evidently, my eyes are off a bit as well. I thought the stadium had more seating. Regardless, it's a great turf, nice stadium, nice town and friendly people.

Hey guys, I'm afraid I just don't get this whole thing. It sounds like a great place, I personally have never been there. What I don't get though is, why is only the first round for D2/3 there? I thought the whole finals week thing was one venue for all or nothing. It seems to me like all three days should be held at this new place. Any logic why that is?

It just feels like, since the actual final contest is somewhere else, that this is more just another show, rather than the beginning of finals.

Michigan City is only ten miles from where I live.

Party at Boo's place after prelims!

Hey guys, I'm afraid I just don't get this whole thing. It sounds like a great place, I personally have never been there. What I don't get though is, why is only the first round for D2/3 there? I thought the whole finals week thing was one venue for all or nothing. It seems to me like all three days should be held at this new place. Any logic why that is?

It just feels like, since the actual final contest is somewhere else, that this is more just another show, rather than the beginning of finals.

DCI may only have the stadium for a set number of days. But this really isn't anything new as in the past (2000 and 2003 come to mind) they've held prelims on another site with championships at the main venue.

Well, the qualification/elimination part should be a pretty big difference, IMO. But to not turn on the lights at Lucas will save money. Given the attendance of prelims last season, it really doesn't make sense to set up such a large venue for what will be a few thousand spectators. Yet they can still be there for the end of the week to be in the big building.

Hopefully prelim attendance will greatly improve with this move. Like 43 more people would be a huge improvement...

I believe Div. II/III would have to begin to approach the fan base necessary to open Lucas Stadium for another day. Ames Field is very II/III friendly and with the 1500-2000 fans who may be in attendance, it won't feel like a cavern. It also gives II/III corps something to shoot for...an opportunity to march in Indy at Lucas Field.

Just my thoughts.

Party at Boo's place after prelims!

Eddie, if you make it from Japan for II/III qualifications, we'll have a party at my house before leaving for Indianapolis.

Hey Mike, saw you at Allentown on Sunday. Was going to say "hi" but I was busy helping get Blue Knights on the field. Maybe I'll catch up with you next time...

Eddie, if you make it from Japan for II/III qualifications, we'll have a party at my house before leaving for Indianapolis.

I have a year to plan... hoping for the best