Murfeesboro, Tenn. Offical Performance order

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone explain to me the "three part random draw?" I assume it means the eight corps were broken into three groups, and then a random draw for position, but what were the groupings?

It must have been:

Group 1

Blue Devils

The Cadets

The Cavaliers

Group 2

Bluecoats

Phantom Regiment

Santa Clara Vanguard

Group 3

Carolina Crown

Blue Knights

Poor luck for the blue corps going on first in their "groups"

edit- sorry- its late and i'm cranky...

Edited by nero14

yeah... FRIGGIN CRAP! i've been to this show so many stink'n times... why do my boys in blue (bluecoats) always have to go i mean i know we're not sitting on top, but we have beaten the cadets, BD, and cavaliers... can a brotha' go on after intermission?!

You didn't beat them on the right night. Sorry.

You didn't beat them on the right night. Sorry.

i realize this- but bluecoats are currently 4th based off the most recent scores-

Which puts them in the second group of random drawings. It's the luck of the draw

again, i understand the process. i wasnt really needing clarification on that.

how's this? : "i'm frustrated at the way the groupings of 3 (instead of say, 4) and the luck of the draw therein worked out"

IM HYPED!!!

of course...DCI Louisville is lookin like a rain out so...Im really looking forward to this!!!!

Can someone explain to me the "three part random draw?" I assume it means the eight corps were broken into three groups, and then a random draw for position, but what were the groupings?
I would assume one would combine a failure to secure the optimum score at the critical point combined with a poor luck of the draw caused this.

actually BK was there in 2001 coming off their successful summer in 2000.

That's right. Well, I suppose it can be said that this is Blue Knight's first time making the Masters of the Summer Music Games by qualifying at a regional the same season. The first time was in 2001 when selection to the top 8 was determined by the results of the 2000 DCI World Championships. The Blue Knights finished 6th in 2000, thus qualifying them for a position in the first Masters of the Summer Music Games event in 2001.

This year, the Blue Knights qualified for Murfeesboro at Allentown. Despite all the changes in other placements in 2007, BK has been pretty consistent and clinched a spot in the Top 8.

Good job, guys!