Is Mass Brass going Div 2?

Was watching the Night before the 4th of July parade in Randolph Tue nite, and saw Mass Brass, they had over 30 horns and at least a dozen drummers and a smattering of Color Guard. Are they going into Div 2 DCA? Tried asking some of their members, but they were very tight lipped and would not give me an accurate response. What's up? Does anybody know?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Class A for Mass Brass? hmmm :)

Was watching the Night before the 4th of July parade in Randolph Tue nite, and saw Mass Brass, they had over 30 horns and at least a dozen drummers and a smattering of Color Guard. Are they going into Div 2 DCA? Tried asking some of their members, but they were very tight lipped and would not give me an accurate response. What's up? Does anybody know?

:unsure:

I can't speak for the corps, but the guys I know in Mass Brass are long past their competing days. :unsure:

What you saw in Randolph was Mass Brass casts 1 & 2 combined. Not everyone though, as there were some members who could not make it that night due to other committments.

Mass Brass participates in several events each year where there is no limit on the number of performers.

Since Rochester last year there has been great interest in MB and the ranks have swelled to the point where members who wish to participate in this years Mini corps must audition for a spot.

OR there may be MB1 & MB2 in Rochester, just like the bobsled teams.

I know what's going on and what the future plans are but we have taken the oath of omerta signed in blood. :sshh:

Since we're from South Boston, home of Whitie Bulger, if we told you we would have to ......... well, you know.

Look for major announcements coming from Southie soon...

Edited by ContraLou

I know what's going on and what the future plans are but we have taken the oath of omerta signed in blood. :sshh:

Since we're from South Boston, home of Whitie Bulger, if we told you we would have to ......... well, you know.

Look for major announcements coming from Southie soon...

LOL!!!! Where is Whitie anyway did he ever get caught or show up somewhere? He disappeared the last year or so I lived out there. And his brother Billy - gotta love Boston politics!

Nah - Whitey's still on the lam. And I AIN"T telllin' yas where !

Suffice it to say that options are being considered and our due diligence, so to speak, is under way. Sufficient membership is certainly not a concern at this point. As every corps knows, there is a myriad of logistical, financial, managerial, etc. concerns in taking on such a move. Our growing success since our inception in 2002 has prompted us to investigate things we originally did not really consider. (Of course, we have to continue our success in all aspects of the organization.)

These are exciting times in South Boston.