Favorite Drum Corps Meal

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything without tunafish in it. I carried a jar of peanut butter in my suitcase for tuna day.

Favorite though, was when they would stop the busses on a street full of restaurants and tell us to be back in two hours. 27th cooked ON the field. Not off. Hot baloney sandwiches (they would make the sandwiches in the morning and pack them under the bays.) By the time we would eat them, the cheese would be melted.

Anything without tunafish in it. I carried a jar of peanut butter in my suitcase for tuna day.

Favorite though, was when they would stop the busses on a street full of restaurants and tell us to be back in two hours. 27th cooked ON the field. Not off. Hot baloney sandwiches (they would make the sandwiches in the morning and pack them under the bays.) By the time we would eat them, the cheese would be melted.

Real world food doesn't count :P

In 2005 some of the food truck cooks decided to have a chili cookoff. 3 different kinds of chili and the members and staff voted on the best. They were all great but that was a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG bus ride after that :P

In 2005 some of the food truck cooks decided to have a chili cookoff. 3 different kinds of chili and the members and staff voted on the best. They were all great but that was a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG bus ride after that :P

we had a tie for first (mine was one of them)

I call my chili... "seven day chili"

I think any time there was a contest was one of the better meals. I think I mentioned this before, but in 05 the cooks, the administrative staff and the bus drivers had breakfast contests. The bus drivers made omelettes to order, the the admin staff bought everyone in the corps two Egg McMuffins, and I forget what the cook staff made but know that it involved pastries and mochachinos. Great way to go into finals!

Did anyone else have food contests?