Favorite Drum Corps Meal

exploding chicken!!!!!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:whistle:

Beer - but I'm "old school" back when the legal drinking age was 18.

Way too many hang overs at those early morning rehearsals.

Edited by bass5

Grilled cheese with either ranch dressing or tomato soup!

I second that emotion...I was driving the Cheeseball (golfcart/t-shirt/support truck) behind Beau during that endless wait for border clearance - the shock in Mike Moxley's voice when told why Blue Cheese wasn't rolling with the rest of the corps was priceless.

I've since met some 27th Lancers who were there that night who also remember that little 2am feast.

Actually I rather liked that beef stroganoff.

For myself, I remember Jerry Seawright's "Trash Can Taco Salad" when I marched in 1977 - and PB&J - breakfast of EVERYONE.

regards - Jim

Fave meal in 84 BD for me was the beef stroganoff we had just prior to entering Canada.....not because of teh food itself (it was actually our WORST meal on tour) but for the sheer entertainment value of...

1) Getting stuck at the border crossing with with full convoys of BD, Freelancers, 27th, and Garfield (poor border guards!)

2) Our food crew opting to open the doors and give the beef stroganoff away to whoever wanted it instead of just dumping it

3) The sight of so many Cadets clamoring around OUR truck to get some, like a swarm of locusts on an isolated farmstead

We watched in amazement/horror and were thinking "don't they FEED you guys?"

Anyone who was there should remember!

several good ones...

the day someone donated a whole hog for dinner... like 200 lbs. i remember waking up in the morning to the smell of the smoker going, and the smell filled the school.

pizzagna was good.

brookfield, mo. in 05\06 we did a performance (in 06 with bluecoats) for the town (its the home of stanbury uniforms). they fed us really really really well.

grilled cheese and tomato soup

anything with chicken patties involved.

of course, pb&j

I'll have to agree with that one... the chorizo burritos were amazing. Cheese bagels were also nice.

How bout' that ant casserole, hboyce?

Baked potato bar.

In 2002, the cook staff went out and bought these baked potatos that were no smaller that the full-size Nerf footballs. They also bought every single thing any human could ever want on a baked potato. Heaven.

I am also a big fan of chicken patties. mmmmmmm....chicken patties....

My favorite meal was pasta salad. When it was really hot out, a nice cool plateful of pasta with chicken was always great to have.

I also really liked beef stroganoff we would have sometimes.

We had a dish once that I really enjoyed, and I don't really know what was in it. It looked disgusting, but was actually my favorite meal from the summer. I think it had tomato sauce, beef, corn, and a bunch of other things in it; it was the concoction of one of the food volunteers.