2007 DCI World Championships (tourism)

I would recommend Burbank out of any of the airports in the LA area if you are looking to avoid super long lines and traffic. I would imagine most folks traveling to Pasadena will be staying in the area... honestly, BUR makes the most sense.

Southwest Airlines has tons of flights in/out of Burbank, too.

If you've got the time you can also hit up In-N-Out and one of the 2 Kwik-E-Marts in LA on your way there!

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've added the DCI PB&J eating contest to the Knott's Berry Farm link on Post #1

You'll add PB&J but not my cemetery links? I don't know, Mike.

B)

I've added the DCI PB&J eating contest to the Knott's Berry Farm link on Post #1
Will this be a bigger hit than the DCI Chili Cook-off?

Woohoo!

Things are starting to shake up....I mean take shape....for the Stanford show.

A 4.2 earthquake hit the Oakland region earlier this morning, shaking things up for 10-30 seconds.

Yes, don't forget to keep your earthquake supplies with you at all times around pasdena. Water, food for 2 or 3 days, first aid kit, etc. You might have to spend 2 or 3 days in the rose bowl, if we get a good one. kidding (kinda).

Great info on the courses. I am looking to play a few days. How about Trump National? And is there any one course that is considered the best public course in the LA Area?

And yes, Phiilly DCI is all woman!!!! :laugh:

If you can afford it....the Trump golf course looks like it has a GREAT view of the ocean. I don't golf....but will be heading there for brunch on Aug 5!! :)

I've played Trump. Great views of the ocean from every spot on the course. The sand is white as flour. There are also some pretty nice waterfalls all over the course. If you want to combine Disneyland and golfing, that's a great place to play. As for the golf, not a very good course. It's like playing on bleechers. The fairways are narrow. Other fairways are always above you or below you, so sometimes youre dodging flying golf balls. The greens are pretty nice, but small. It's a ggod place to play if you want to say you played there. Otherwise, go elsewhere. <**>

An outstanding course that is incidently near the Rose Bowl is Angles National http://www.angelesnational.com/

It's a tough course because you must carry 175 plus on most holes to avoid some sort of bush or sand. The fairways and greens are usually outstanding. The view is of the mountains instead of the ocean and it will probably be a little warm/hot. If you strike the ball well, you will be rewarded. If you miss hit often, be prepared to lose a lot of balls. There is also an outstanding driving range. The clubhouse is not very good, but you play here if you want to play a challenging course. This club is a little pricey, somewhere around $80 or so. ^OO^

Anther outstanding course that is an hour West of the Rose Bowl is Rustic Canyon. It's a links style, so it plays wide open. The greens are pretty fast and the course is well maintained! Miss hits aren't as punished as thet are at Angeles National. It's pretty wide open. You can play to have a good time or try to score well and enjoy a challenging course. It is also one of the most bang for the buck courses in the area, about $50 with a cart. Between trump and Rustic and if you want to play a descent round of golf, Rustic hands down. It's well worth the drive. If you need a forth, drop me a note and I'll join you. ^OO^

Added Cabrillo Beach and aquarium to post #1 under Beaches

good morning (bump)

An hour west of the Rose Bowl??? did I read that right? Is there that much space/distance/time between RB & the ocean. If so, maps are pretty deceiving.

btw, I'm flying into San Diego and driving up and then back to visit family after finals.

An hour west of the Rose Bowl??? did I read that right? Is there that much space/distance/time between RB & the ocean. If so, maps are pretty deceiving.

Read what right?

RB, you mean Redondo Beach? And is it an hour from Pasadena?

Hmm...well, it could be. Depends on traffic really. It could take anywhere from 40 minutes to 1.5 hours!

From where I live, I take the 405 North > 105 East > 110 North straight into Pasadena. The 110 North is the problem - traffic starts to pile-up when you hit downtown L.A. and thereafter.