Encores

It wasn't like that in '04 because we had three home shows with Memphis (only one with Div Is). We didn't do an encore at one. The whole encore situation happened when they stopped using full retreat at all shows like they did in '04. Then you would have all the corps with uniforms and everything on prior to the encore so the winning corps would just break their block and just go do the encore. DCA still does full retreat AND winner's encore.

You could very well be right, I just remember seeing designated corps for encores for a few shows - at least I thought I did. Could be my memory playing tricks on me.

Might have been for a few regionals none of the shows that I was at had "pre-planned" encores that I remember hearing. Also for a Div I's home show they might have done it.

who is doin the encore in atlanta?

I doubt anyone knows, unless the corps posts it on their site.

I wanna say Devils or Cavies did it last year. I just remember talking with my friend from Phantom on how their tour has been going and how they had a great show that night.

DCI should have it on their website on who's doing the encore, like put an star next to their name or something.

Edited by CoHmempho04

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering, why are the cavies doing an encore again at Indy. Seems a bit odd that they have been chosen to do the encore at the last 3 big shows. Not trying to knock them just wondering why they have been the ones with all of the other big corps being at all of those shows.

Just wondering, why are the cavies doing an encore again at Indy. Seems a bit odd that they have been chosen to do the encore at the last 3 big shows. Not trying to knock them just wondering why they have been the ones with all of the other big corps being at all of those shows.

Perhaps it is a privilege of being defending champion.

I did not know this. Noticed this year when Crown performed the encorps at both shows in NC and wondered.

I think it's a good idea. Spreading the encorps experience is a good thing, cutting the big guns a break on time and travel is fair enough I suppose (though I could argue that they enjoy some perks that might offset this kind of inconvenience).

But in general I think it's good for the fans. Based on Crown performing the encorps in both NC shows, I assume the selection is partly based on proximity, which means more home town fans can see their corps, and friends, perform the encorps. Good stuff.

The encorps (and full retreat in the old days) has always been my favorite part of the show, anyway. The corps can really express their personality and tradition. Plus, you can get closer to the field, the performers are relaxed, and you can see how much they are enjoying it.