• CDof A
    • Nee Hi's
    • Joanettes
    • Jeanettes
    • Alpine Girls
    • St. John's Girls
    • Alberta Girls
    • Bandettes

I remember watching Capitolaires go by our corps single file to get to the field after we competed and just looking at the hot girls that went by...many blondes I remember in their skirts...wow the memories are back. I wonder what they look like now?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder what they look like now?

Do you really?

SEXIST, I said sexist. Huge difference between being sexy and sexist.

Nothing wrong with being sexy. Everything wrong with being sexist.

You'll be sorry if you learn that lesson the hard way.

I'm sorry I assumed you had seen This is Spinal Tap. Check it out - it's one of my top 5 favorite movies.

OMG, as a 16 yr old boy on the 1982 DCI tour we all used to go GA GA over Les Chatelaines de Laval.

They were sooo intense and so hottt at the same time.

You are absolutely right Joe. I remember judging Les Chatelaines back then. Yes, those French Canadian girls did have a certain sensuality. I think that one of the things that made them "hot" ( or hottt, as you say:) was their TUDE. They had a certain attitude (confident, assured, and perhaps aggressive) that they portrayed, and successfully conveyed, in their performance.

Regarding US all-girl corps, I personally wrote and taught the percussion of Royaleer Mounties (w/Kerchner teaching brass), and yes there were some attractive members there. But I agree with an earlier poster who nominated the Norwood Debonnaires from MA(incidentially also taught by Larry Kerchner). I recall competing against them and being most impressed! With deference to my dear Bon Bons friends, I'd have to vote for Debonnaires from US and Les Chats from Canada.

ps thanks to Martybucs for acting as the Sexist Police here! B)

I voted for the Ventures, since I actually remember them, of course there were still a couple of all-girl corps still competing then.

Norwood Deb's were great. I remember watching them the year they played "Light my Fire". They competed in class "A" in Eastern Mass. against the likes of Boston, 27th, and other big boys, and let me tell you, they more than held their own.

Well in 1978 Arbella destroyed the competition in EMASS Class B and we loved getting beaten by them every week.

Evergreen was their closer and you could just close your eyes......

But I was really in awe of St. Ignatious. Classy, pretty and they had mystique before Les Chatelaines.

Edited by dckid80

Another long forgotten all girl corps-The Belles Of St. Mary from Rhinelander, WI. Just remembered another another one-Our Lady Of Mercy from Milwaukee,WI.

The Nee-Hi's are special. I married a Nee-Hi.