Very Nice Tribute to 27th Lancers

I can't tell you what an honor it was to be on that field. Mr. "B" was almost directly in front of me at the end of the tune.

Easily in my top 3 drum corps memories, ever.

------------------------

I am with Marwan on this. Actually Marwan it is probably better we didn't see what was going on with George as I have a feeling not too many of us in the hornline would have been able to play wiping away the tears from our faces.....

An honor, a moment, and I am very proud to be a Bridgemen

HYPE

SASsy

Lynn.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please let's not ruin this thread with that old debate. :) Do you know for a fact that there are only a handful of ex bridgemen? Does it really matter? Is it really that important?

I'm not trying to ruin the thread, and yes I sat next to a guy in allentown who had been on snare with the bridgemen alumni corps this year but had to pull out cause he wasn't going to be able to make an of the performances. he agreed with me that it really is more of a tribute corps, and he was the one who told me that there's only like 2 bridgemen in the drumline and more horns but not that many. In fact the top two basses weren't even born when the Bridgemn Junior corps last performed.

If they weren't Bridgemen alumni before, well they are now. See my comments in the Historical thread.

I'm not trying to ruin the thread, and yes I sat next to a guy in allentown who had been on snare with the bridgemen alumni corps this year but had to pull out cause he wasn't going to be able to make an of the performances. he agreed with me that it really is more of a tribute corps, and he was the one who told me that there's only like 2 bridgemen in the drumline and more horns but not that many. In fact the top two basses weren't even born when the Bridgemn Junior corps last performed.

we are ALL bridgemen. if you must know there are 9 original drummers. and the best part is, bass #2 is dennis delucias daugther. that is just one of the many things the bridgemen show corps is about.

Thank you so much Jim, for the special salute to George B. and to Bridgemen for the great tribute. :beer: I can tell you he was on cloud nine after that. I spoke with him last night about it. He told me he was so emotional he didn't even remember what he said to the person interviewing him. :laugh:

What a great moment! It brought tears to my eyes!

Thank you, Stephanie!

It was truly an honor to perform Danny Boy at DCI East last Sunday, for the crowd, the 27th Lancers Alumni, the memory of the legendary 27th lancers, and, most of all, for George Bonfiglio!

It was quite a moving experience for me, and for my fellow Bridgemen.

As most people know, I have had a very close relationship with many 27th Lancers, and we have always enjoyed a very strong bond! Yes, we were fierce competitors, but, after the shows, we were the best of friends, and there was a great deal of mutual respect.

I always admired George Bonfiglio, and the 27th Lancers, as they were an AMAZING drum and bugle corps, and a wonderful group of people!

I'm very glad that Dennis DeLucia came up with the idea for the tribute. As my brother Marwan said, it is easily one of my top drum corps memories that I will hold dearly in my heart, for the rest of my life!

Thanks to all, especially George B, and the 27th Lancers for affording the Bridgemen, and myself, this wonderful honor, and incredible opportunity!!!

Bluecoats88 :::

You were born when the Bridgemen last completed, and I notice that you live within easy driving distance.

You too can be a Bridgemen and help preserve the legacy, as well as honor other competitors, when future Bridgemen Corps

reprise great moments in Drum Corps History.

It's not about who wore the original uniforms or when. It's about entertainment, having fun, and recreating the camaraderie

and friendship or fostering new relationships.

Drum Corps......It's all good.

P.S. --->Whomever you sat next to in Allentown was either misinformed or mistaken.

You know that name bother's me. They really aren't an alumni corps since there's only a handful of ex Bridgemen in the corps. I think they should rename their group the Bridgmen Tribute corps or something like that since they really aren't an alumni corps.

Phil,

As my brother Alan just stated...

We are ALL Bridgemen!!! And as my good friend Jimmy "A27Lancer" remarked, all of the 2007 Bridgemen are now alumni!

But, your remarks are fairly accurate, as Alan pointed out. To be honest, we have about 30% "original" Bridgemen in the 2007 corps, down a bit from last year.

And we've been looking into dropping the "Alumni" from the name.

If you haven't noticed, I haven't referred to us as the "Bridgemen Alumni" for more than a year, now.

In my eyes, we have simply been "The Bridgemen", and as proud as I am of being an alumnus of the corps, and my fellow alumni brothers and sisters, I am EQUALLY proud of the corps members that have been marching with us since we put it all back together in the fall of 2004!

They have all embraced what it means to be a member of this corps, and have made amazing contributions toward the success of the "rebirth" of the Bridgemen!

Please let it be said...

These awesome members are no less a Bridgemen than anyone that ever marched with the corps, back in the day!

I love them just as much as my original brethren, and I am proud to have them in my Bridgemen Family!!!

HYPE!!!!!!

Yours in drum corps spirit,

Jim Jordan

hopefully this thread can get back on track for its true intent or the mods will split it. this is IMO no place for this argument/discussion/debate. :laugh:

Thank you, Stephanie!

It was truly an honor to perform Danny Boy at DCI East last Sunday, for the crowd, the 27th Lancers Alumni, the memory of the legendary 27th lancers, and, most of all, for George Bonfiglio!

It was quite a moving experience for me, and for my fellow Bridgemen.

As most people know, I have had a very close relationship with many 27th Lancers, and we have always enjoyed a very strong bond! Yes, we were fierce competitors, but, after the shows, we were the best of friends, and there was a great deal of mutual respect.

I always admired George Bonfiglio, and the 27th Lancers, as they were an AMAZING drum and bugle corps, and a wonderful group of people!

I'm very glad that Dennis DeLucia came up with the idea for the tribute. As my brother Marwan said, it is easily one of my top drum corps memories that I will hold dearly in my heart, for the rest of my life!

Thanks to all, especially George B, and the 27th Lancers for affording the Bridgemen, and myself, this wonderful honor, and incredible opportunity!!!

OK, LIZ...

BACK ON TOPIC!!! :laugh: