East Coasters are SO Type-A!

promise this my LAST, last entry.

(unless provoked)

no, last

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Evan though I am writing this due to our "good buddy" Hawthorne I need to share with you how I feel about Drum Corps and what it means to be a part of one

Hawthorne, Drum Corps is about family. The Bridgemen are my family. They are my brothers and sisters, to me just like my family at St. Joe's, Bills Boys, Desiderata, New York Skylines, Steel City Ambassadors, Heat Wave of Orlando and the Florida Brass. Like you claim I do have over 40 years worth of Drum Corps experience and let me tell you the "Bridgemen" organization is with out a doubt in my mind the greatest organization I have every been associated with. From the management team to staff to the membership I have never seen an organization strive to be "Bridgemen". Maybe you should come on out personally to experience it or better still become a part of us.

Now when comes down to the sound track that is on DCI.org, Marwan is right when he said "when you put a mic right in front of one or two people", and after 40 year one would seam to think that one would have realized that. We had a great show, The crowd enjoyed it, It seams to me George B also enjoyed it and I know "I" enjoyed playing it.

I am going to end this post saying that I am very humbled to be allowed to be a part of this great Drum Corps. One of my dreams growing up was to be part of the Bridgemen. I had a bad leg and just could not physically it . However today I feel so very proud that I have been able to be a part of it in 2006 and 2007 and fulfill one of my dreams.

PS - Hawthorne if you want to respond to me please do it personally, I am really not very hard to find and lots of Drum Corps people know who I am so we may intelligently have a conversation about how you feel.

Edited by BigLou

East Coasters are SO Type-A!

promise this my LAST, last entry.

(unless provoked)

no, last

----------------------

You are not saying my dearest buddy, bestest big toe in the Soprano line is a type A are U?????????

U haven't met the rest of us , right Kev ????

Oh my we have too much fun in the line..............

SASsy a/k/a Blondie

Lynn

All I can say about the negative attack is that Danny Boy could have been played on kazoos. The fact that a corps no longer here was remembered and that George was there to witness it is the true honor.

It sounded beautiful to me but then you'd have to understand what an honor it is to have all of those beautiful and talented people on the field doing a classy thing all while having fun!

And I don't believe you need to have been a 27th Lancer for it to have had an affect on you. I cried watching the video for many reasons but even more at the thought that this alumni corps took time out of their very busy schedules to learn/play it!

HEY JIM, A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!

I'm not trying to ruin the thread, and yes I sat next to a guy in allentown who had been on snare with the bridgemen alumni corps this year but had to pull out cause he wasn't going to be able to make an of the performances. he agreed with me that it really is more of a tribute corps, and he was the one who told me that there's only like 2 bridgemen in the drumline and more horns but not that many. In fact the top two basses weren't even born when the Bridgemn Junior corps last performed.

OK Phil whats your point?........ahhhh it dont matter anyway. Cant you take what we did for face value and not read into things? Why dont people on this web site just enjoy and appreciate what other corps are doing ALUMNI or not.

And for you info the drumline has.........heck Im not going to answer it......it just dont matter...

This view is mine and mine only...my corp is not involved in it no way no how !!!!!!!!!

#3 bass ( playing with pride in back of the top 2 basses that werent born when the Bridgemen were a junior corp).

Rick

Hey there!

Finally back on topic!

To ALL the Lancers reading this: Just speaking for myself, while nothing we play is more fun for me than In The Stone (It's a contra thing), playing Danny Boy for you guys was something that I really loved doing. It was something really special, and went beyond just going out there and grooving. Until we finished the tune, and I saw him right in front of me, I had no idea that Mr. Bonfiglio was going to be there. But, standing there, seeing Jim's salute, and seeing Mr. Bonfiglio's very personal reaction to what we did, well, it made the sunburn and all the trying to catch my breath between tunes well worth it!

Thank You all for the great posts!

HYPE!!

Bill

Bluecoats88 :::

You were born when the Bridgemen last completed, and I notice that you live within easy driving distance.

You too can be a Bridgemen and help preserve the legacy, as well as honor other competitors, when future Bridgemen Corps

reprise great moments in Drum Corps History.

It's not about who wore the original uniforms or when. It's about entertainment, having fun, and recreating the camaraderie

and friendship or fostering new relationships.

Drum Corps......It's all good.

P.S. --->Whomever you sat next to in Allentown was either misinformed or mistaken.

You said it better than I could Tommy...........Love ya Bro

Rick #3

All I can say about the negative attack is that Danny Boy could have been played on kazoos. The fact that a corps no longer here was remembered and that George was there to witness it is the true honor.

It sounded beautiful to me but then you'd have to understand what an honor it is to have all of those beautiful and talented people on the field doing a classy thing all while having fun!

And I don't believe you need to have been a 27th Lancer for it to have had an affect on you. I cried watching the video for many reasons but even more at the thought that this alumni corps took time out of their very busy schedules to learn/play it!

HEY JIM, A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!

Thanks Nancy!!! I just played "Happy Birthday" to myself on a kazoo!

Thanks Nancy!!! I just played "Happy Birthday" to myself on a kazoo!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JIM!

AND MANY MORE!!!