DCI Pasadena 2007 corps practice locations

Bluecoats

Martin Luther King High School

9301 Wood Rd

Riverside, CA

(tentative until can be confirmed)

weather is going to be sucking BIG time for them.... dry heat like no other in that area.

But it being in an elevated area, they should get some sort of a breeze to cool the area down.

Blue Stars:

John North High School

1550 3rd St

Riverside, CA, 92507

(tentative until can be confirmed)

I find this ironic as the band's name at North is "The Blue Star Regiment"

What's even funnier is that the logo they use for the star is gold.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that anyone cares, but Impulse will be staying at Bell Gardens HS, in Bell Gardens, another not so safe neighborhood... and yes we know wat it is like there we had our first camp there. And we may let the Scouts house with us, since one of our fomer mello, called our Brass Capt Head and said they still needed a site. So, that should be fun :)

Aug. 3-12 at CSLUB. Veterans Stadium. I am not sure which evenings as the schedule hasn't been published yet.

We have our own show on Aug. 8 at Veterans Stadium. We will be doing an exhibition in full uniform with a few other corps TBA.

Please come. You'll have a chance to see us up close and personal (on the 50 and way up).

More details to come. Cool? :)

By the way, I do believe we are the "must see" for DCI. Bring the kids...this is OLD SCHOOL.

It is NOT THAT OLD :)

Man...I canNOT believe the locations of some of these sites....traffic for the corps is gonna just awful...

And not a single housing site in the San Fernando Valley???? At least Troopers are close by.....LAUSD must've totally shut DCI down for housing. I wonder if they didn't approach any of the parochial schools like Chaminade or Harvard-Westlake...

argh....And does Madison REALLY not have housing???? WTF??

From what I have heard, one of the major reasons that housing is so hard to find, is that, most of the schools out here start the following week. On either August 13th or mid week on the 15th. So the corps are running into, football camps and band camps that are using the schools. So field time is at a premium.

In the Riverside area, the smog isn't as bad as it used to be in the '80's. The LA basin has done a great job with the clean air act. In the past few years we have had very few Stage I smog alerts.

See you all on the 50 at DCI semis.

From what I have heard, one of the major reasons that housing is so hard to find, is that, most of the schools out here start the following week. On either August 13th or mid week on the 15th. So the corps are running into, football camps and band camps that are using the schools. So field time is at a premium.

That must be it....but someone could be using Kennedy HS in Granada Hills...we don;t start band camp until Aug 20...and there are several BRAND new high schools in teh Valley.

Ah well....so much for visiting rehearsal sites...driving out to Corona/Riverside during teh day is NOT my idea of a good time...may drop on on the Troop, tho.

Holy cow! Pioneer totally scored with their housing. They're right in the thick of it... and only 10 minutes away from my place.

Here's to volunteering during DCI week! :)

Glassmen.....anyone?? :lookaround:

What about div II and III corps? Are any of them having trouble finding housing?

Nancy