Sevierville Show - July 16 Start time 7:00pm (est)

Both Crown and Vanguard have unbelieveable shows but.....

Wow, Vanguard must've cleaned up the music and had an on performance tonight. They beat Crown in Brass and Music Performance Ensemble.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Comparing the recaps from last night and tonight is frustrating. The brass score swung nearly a point! The percussion also swung, but that is warranted because it was the same judge both nights. But that brass score is ridiculous.

That's the thing. Last night's scores were last night's scores.

Performances vary all the time. Considering how close the competition is this year, you can't afford to have an "off" performance. Maybe Vanguard clearly had the better performance tonight since they beat Crown in two Music Performance captions.

Vanguard appears to be on the move!!! ^OO^

HURRAY!!!

That's the thing. Last night's scores were last night's scores.

Performances vary all the time. Considering how close the competition is this year, you can't afford to have an "off" performance. Maybe Vanguard clearly had the better performance tonight since they beat Crown in two Music Performance captions.

I agree...Trying to compare past recaps will only give you a headache...

Both Crown and Vanguard have unbelieveable shows but.....

Wow, Vanguard must've cleaned up the music and had an on performance tonight. They beat Crown in Brass and Music Performance Ensemble.

I was at the Vanguard rehearsals (and performances) in Murfreesboro and Sevierville, and let me say that those kids are working! Eureka is a challenging show, and SCV had a difficult time "selling" it early in the season and at MTSU. But tonight was a different story (check out the GE scores): SCV was very intense from the downbeat to the last chord, and the crowd went crazy. I tend to observe shows from a "GE perspective" and I thought that SCV was much more cohesive tonight that on Friday (everything, from tempo to intonation to vis). Vanguard has been sweating it out in the afternoons and throwing it all down at night; I was thus very pleased to see that the judges awarded them for their efforts.

I was at the Vanguard rehearsals (and performances) in Murfreesboro and Sevierville, and let me say that those kids are working! Eureka is a challenging show, and SCV had a difficult time "selling" it early in the season and at MTSU. But tonight was a different story (check out the GE scores): SCV was very intense from the downbeat to the last chord, and the crowd went crazy. I tend to observe shows from a "GE perspective" and I thought that SCV was much more cohesive tonight that on Friday (everything, from tempo to intonation to vis). Vanguard has been sweating it out in the afternoons and throwing it all down at night; I was thus very pleased to see that the judges awarded them for their efforts.

Thank you!!! I was also able to watch them rehearse in Murf and I agree!! I love watching the way they rehearse out there!! And I'm excited to hear that they are bringing some energy to the show, which I thought was lacking at the Murf show..

I was in Atlanta Saturday and in Sevierville tonight. Vanguard was great. Crown was better Saturday but still great tonight. Madison was great as well. I still dont see what is up with their show, i loved it. However, I am still reeling over the nasty spill from the Colts. First five guys go down, then one of them ends up hurt and then a hat is crushed. The whole thing was ugly :(

Thank you!!! I was also able to watch them rehearse in Murf and I agree!! I love watching the way they rehearse out there!! And I'm excited to hear that they are bringing some energy to the show, which I thought was lacking at the Murf show..

Eureka kinda reminds me of SCV's last championship show, 1999. Modern chord structures, interesting guard choreography, and killer drill...I don't know if another title is in the cards this year, but after tonight, I'm convinced "!" has a LOT more :rolleyes: in it.

I was in Atlanta Saturday and in Sevierville tonight. Vanguard was great. Crown was better Saturday but still great tonight. Madison was great as well. I still dont see what is up with their show, i loved it. However, I am still reeling over the nasty spill from the Colts. First five guys go down, then one of them ends up hurt and then a hat is crushed. The whole thing was ugly :(

Yeah, it was pretty bad. I think the field was bumpy (couldn't have been wet, what with the drought) because members of several of the other corps had footing problems as well. Also, I hope that dude's knee is alright; hopefully he can finish his season.