blue stars new unis

i saw on dci some videos and this corps had a weird uniform and i had no clue who it was. it finally hit me, it's gotta be blue stars and sure enough i saw on corpsreps that the blue stars have drastically new uniforms. i prefer the old one better though

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like their new uniforms and they use them well in the show, but sorry, I do like their old uniforms better..... it was classic.

No offense to the designer (who has posted some amazing stuff here if I'm thinking of the right person...)...but I think these were awesome in concept, however, they lose a little something on the field.

The way the uni is designed really draws attention to you if you are even the slightest bit out of shape, and I don't know that the GE pay off (one of Blue Stars weaker captions, isn't it? I forget) this year has really been significant in how they've attempted to use them.

It's very contemporary and cool looking individually, though. :)

Edited by bawker

I also like the classic uniform they wore for years and years as well.

So many of todays uniforms just seem so "all the same" to me. There's really nothing "unique" anymore, just the same style uniform in different colors. Uniform companies seem to go with one style uniform only now days. Think back to how different everyone was in years past.... the only corps seeming to stay close to their true image anymore is SCV.

We have had some tremendous renderings of a few corps uniforms put up here on DCP by some clearly talented designer/artists. I would love to see their take on a classic Blue Star uniform updated.

edit: How could I forget to say Cadets staying true to the image as well... uniform-wise that is!!

Edited by GGarrett

We have had some tremendous renderings of a few corps uniforms put up here on DCP by some clearly talented designer/artists. I would love to see their take on a classic Blue Star uniform updated.

I actually think that uniform is by the person you may be thinking of...I could be wrong though. :)

Just went to corpsrep to see them. I dont know, I think they still are uniquely Blue Stars.

there were times in allentown i really like how they were used in the drill, but other times i looked out there and all i saw was dirt. i was talking to someone on staff about them afterwards and he agreed that as cool as they are, they do create some problems. and, the OCD in me is bothered by the one pant leg that is half white, half dark.. they wear a dark shoe and a dark sock but on the white side of the pant leg the dark sock drives me crazy :rolleyes:

It is an interesting concept on the drawing board, but one that isn't worth the effort IMHO. It'll be tough to clean and it seems like a whole lot of planning/work for little gain.