What I Like About You (Corps)

We have entirely too many negative threads about an activity that is designed to help kids/young adults in many areas in life along with creating entertaining and competitive shows for them to perform to our enjoyment.

The Cadets this... The Cavaliers that... blah blah blah. <**>

SO... I want to see some positive things. This is the golden rule in full effect, do unto others as you would have them do unto you, but more than that... I would like for everyone to say something nice/positive/complimentary about a corps. It can be from this season's show or just the corps in general.

The way I would like for it to work is that, I will start of course, I will pick a corps and say something nice about them and then the next person will pick a different corps than one that has already been posted (this way we can make sure they all get some love).

I will start with the Cadets:

I, personally, enjoy the fact that they are constantly trying to push the envelope and do something never done before for the sake of entertainment. Nobody has the perfect formula yet and it's exciting to see a corps step up to the challenge of being different and unique, as that takes guts. I have not seen this show live yet, but I will on Saturday and I am prepared, based on the streaming clips I've seen, to have my face melted off by some awesome playing skills. :)

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Blue Knights:

I love the fact that you are willing to be different, and have formed, IMO, the strongest and most unique identity in DCI. From your signature marching style, complete with knee pops, your dark, rich, sound, your musical selections, your body movement and dance, down to cool little things like the high mark time in every show and the little thing the drumline does at the end of the show, there's no other corps quiter like you, and I'm glad you keep being yourself, despite how "boring" others may say you are... :rolleyes:

Madison Scouts:

******* Sweet. Thats all that is needed to say.

The Cadets

I appreciate everything they have done in the forms of tradition. I was never really a fan until this year, oddly enough. There's something very appealing about the way their members don't really need to be taught how to act or such ... they just "know" because they are The Cadets. I also commend them for being so different even in the face of such negativity.

Phantom Regiment:

Classic(al)

The Look

Baton Pull

Dark, rich sound

Madison...

Working hard in the face of major change and sometimes difficult public opinion

The Academy, Blue Devils, Blue Knights, Blue Stars, Bluecoats, Boston Crusaders, Cadets, Cascades, Cavaliers, Colts, Crossmen, Glassmen, Madison Scouts, Mandarins, Pacific Crest, Phantom Regiment, Pioneer, Santa Clara Vanguard, Southwind, Spirit From JSU, Troopers:

Thanks: For making every year competitive and enjoyable. For having the utmost variety of music between all of you. To the kids, for working hard every season and putting shows on the field that inspire those of us not yet marching to go out and do so. To the staff, for writing great notes that continue to entertain the audiences. To the bus drivers, cooks, and everyone who makes the tours for every corps happen.

I have something I like about every corps, every corps does something that deserves credit, so I figured I'd rather just address everyone in general...

Edited by Kyle

Troopers: thank you for bringing the sunburst back to the field this season. I have never had such an emotional reaction at a drum corps show as when I saw it in Louisville.