DCI PB & J Contest

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I ate enough PB&J in my drum corps career to last me a life time. b**bs b**bs b**bs

That is one contest I will NOT be entering. B)

What kind of peanut butter and jelly/jam are they using ??

Smuckers, Welch's, store brand, jam, jelly, Knott's Berry Farm fresh preserves I don't really care. But the peanut butter MUST BE..................................................................

................................................................................

.................................................................................

................................................................................

.................................................................................

Jif!!!!!!!! Discuss :P

So what's the best way to speed-eat PB&J?

*ponders*

Rip 'em apart and dunk the pieces in purple drink?

No. This deal was put together by Bob Jacobs and DCI's marketing team. There was not ESPN involvement.

When I read the promotion I said to myself "this has Bob Jacobs written all over it". Wow.....glad to hear my instincts are correct. This guy is filled with great ideas!

When you get the DCI season program (any DCI show including finals week), read the credits. Bob is billed as "Marketing Quarterback", what a great title.

p.s. Check out the Jersey Surf this summer to see his corps in action. They always have some neat tricks up their collective sleeves, and will hopefully not only be going for their 4th Spirit of Disney in five years....but also their first DCI DIV 2 championship. Go SURF!!

So what's the best way to speed-eat PB&J?

*ponders*

Rip 'em apart and dunk the pieces in purple drink?

I think red would go down easier with the bread :)

So, the PBJs are made already, right? Kids don't have to make their own PBJ, do they?

Do you have to still be competing in DCI to do this? Man, I LOVE PBJ (best part of tour, next to the Whitecastle outside of the RCA Dome) and would love to be a part of this.

Any news if the Peanut Butter is chunky or creamy? It should be chunky anyways.

The world record for eating hot dogs is 53 1/2 Nathan's hot dogs and buns in 12 minutes by Takeru Kobayashi.

The world record for eating mayonnaise is held by Oleg Zhornitskiy; he ate 4 - 32 ounce bowls in 8 minutes.

- I think Joey Chestnut ate 65 hot dogs this year. beating the record.

mayonnaise I cant stand 1 teaspoon of that by itself.........but 128 ounce's geez!

QUESTION: Does DCI really need to get involved in the competitive eating circuit..........It is pretty funny though.

The peanut butter must be left out in 100 degree temps for over an hour so it gets extra runny, just so the kids will feel at home.

No. This deal was put together by Bob Jacobs and DCI's marketing team. There was not ESPN involvement.

Why, for the love of gestation????? I got PB&J poisoning when I marched! :P

(At least make it more suitable for SATX....like barbecue brisket, Shiner Bock, or peppers! ^0^ )

oops...youre talking about Pasadena.... :rolleyes:

Edited by prodigal bari

So, the PBJs are made already, right? Kids don't have to make their own PBJ, do they?

Do you have to still be competing in DCI to do this? Man, I LOVE PBJ (best part of tour, next to the Whitecastle outside of the RCA Dome) and would love to be a part of this.

Any news if the Peanut Butter is chunky or creamy? It should be chunky anyways.

The contest is not for DCI members or fans, it is for professional (or amateur) eaters (no joke). It is a cross promotion between DCI and the IFOCE or International Federation of Competitive Eating.

By the Way......first prize is $3000. IFOCE Web

Edited by jonnyboy