Academy...now that they've made top 12 at SA...

My only complaint about Academy was their start time this afternoon -- DCI's Web site said seedings were based on scores from Atlanta, and Academy and Mandarins didn't go to Atlanta, so they should have started the Div.I portion after Revolution.

Simple misunderstanding, it seems, if I am to believe people (and the apparent results of the show times) that the Calif. scores from last weekend were also used.

As for watching the Web cast today, I personally didn't think they were better than the Colts this afternoon or this evening. The Glassmen? Maybe. Close to the Blue Knights? Nope.

So, IMHO, I'd have them in 11th instead of 10th ... I hope that doesn't offend anyone. :P

I do NOT like the irate bickering back-n-forth though -- give it up people!!! There are FAR more important things to *#$!^@@** at other people about than drum corps!!!!!

BTW -- I don't get the "HONK" ... anyone care to explain??? :huh:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Please tell me what makes you think they will catch up to BK. Show me something in the recap that gives you that confidence.

I never said they would, merely implied that 12-9 is going to be close. Who knows what will happen, because stranger things have. Theres a lot of drum-corpsin' left to do, things will change no doubt, Im just excited this season is as competitive as it is.

No need to get defensive.

G men had a 0.9 pen and would've beat them

i know it doesn't matter, just saying

Sorry -- adding the 0.9 to the Glassmen would give them a 78.800, still leaving them behind the Colts (78.825) and the Academy (78.975) ... meaning those three were actually only 0.175, even tighter than the 0.2 from the afternoon show!!

The penalties against Phantom and Bluecoats didn't change any placements either.

I never said they would, merely implied that 12-9 is going to be close. Who knows what will happen, because stranger things have. Theres a lot of drum-corpsin' left to do, things will change no doubt, Im just excited this season is as competitive as it is.

No need to get defensive.

I didn't intend to be defensive, I was just questioning the basis for your challenge to BK. If they are a threat to BK, some evidence of it should be in the recap. They are challenging BK in visual performance and GE vis rep. Nothing else, really, that I can see.

Edited by Tekneek

My only complaint about Academy was their start time this afternoon -- DCI's Web site said seedings were based on scores from Atlanta, and Academy and Mandarins didn't go to Atlanta, so they should have started the Div.I portion after Revolution.

Simple misunderstanding, it seems, if I am to believe people (and the apparent results of the show times) that the Calif. scores from last weekend were also used.

As for watching the Web cast today, I personally didn't think they were better than the Colts this afternoon or this evening. The Glassmen? Maybe. Close to the Blue Knights? Nope.

So, IMHO, I'd have them in 11th instead of 10th ... I hope that doesn't offend anyone. :P

I do NOT like the irate bickering back-n-forth though -- give it up people!!! There are FAR more important things to *#$!^@@** at other people about than drum corps!!!!!

BTW -- I don't get the "HONK" ... anyone care to explain??? :huh:

I think there was another thread talking about the whole seeding thing, and someone said since Mandi's PC and Academy were all missing Atlanta that they were seeded differently. But Im not sure.

I believe the HONK reference is a for Academy supporters on DCP with the slogan "Honk if support Academy"

I respect your opinion about 10th/11th. At this point, positioning doesn't really matter to me, what Academy has achieved already this season is enough for me to be pleased with 2007.

Man...if you're going to refute an argument, don't just recycle the tired one you used days ago....put some effort into it!

?????

Refute? Argument?

Their show doesn't have the same demand. As the judges get more looks, they will expect more - and it just won't be there.

This race isn't a sprint, it's a marathon. Just ask the Blue Devils how many regionals they've won - only to end up 3rd or 4th at Finals.

I didn't intend to be defensive, I was just questioning the basis for your challenge to BK. If they are a threat to BK, some evidence of it should be in the recap.

If it is or it isn't, I didn't mean to imply they would overtake BK.

::handshake::

I hope you come back and honk when they end up 14th in Pasadena - which is where that nice band show is going to put them.

They have a nice, clean (at times) show, but it's about to hit its limit very soon. This race isn't a sprint, its a marathon.

Assuming from your name, at least the DC part anyways, because of your location, you've yet to see the Academy live, correct?

I can promise you, that despite whatever BOA half-time show you think you saw on the Webcast is not what they are playing.

They have a balls to the wall jazz show that will melt your face off. People were complaining about intonation and blend, but when I saw it live, I honestly did not hear anything that would justify what some of you are saying.

Now I think it's time to make some room in your little love fest you call finals, because these guys, like it or not, are here, and they mean business!

edit- Spelling.

Edited by rosski47

G men had a 0.9 pen and would've beat them

i know it doesn't matter, just saying

Almost a full point? What'd they do? That's pretty big.

And no...re the sad argument that Academy doesn;t deserve to be with the big boys because they haven't done a full tour, it means nothing...they went to San Antonio, the competed directly against all of their peers, and they triumphed over many of them, EARNING their placement, be it 1st or 12th.

Will they make finals at Pasadena? No one nows...it's in the hands of the corps...just as it's in the hands of the corps dear them to make their own destiny...but I kept seeing "We'll see what happens at San Antonio" for days.....we just SAW what happened at San Antonio....no more proof is needed.

Academy IS the real deal...a deserving member of Division One....and I have faith in them even if others do not.