Rochester Crusaders a COMPLETE class act

First I'd like to congratulate Rochester on their win on Saturday night. You guys not only sounded great, you looked great.

I couldn't have asked for a better drum corps weekend for not only us veteraned drum corps people but especially for the members we have that have never even marched drum corps. Staying with Cru was so much fun. You guys are great. I know our drummers were talking all the way home still about the drumline sectional in the sauna!!! Bill Hoyt, you made an old lady feel good :P and you all exemplified the true meaning of drum corps. Our guys will never forget that!!

Now, when you guys invited us to have breakfast with you that was just AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even Bill Engvall would approve!!!! YOU GUYS WERE A LIFE SAVER. First the person who was supposed to schedule breakfast for us had a last minute situation and couldn't make it, and then our bus was almost 2 hours late picking us up..................WE WOULD HAVE STARVED!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU CRU!!!!!

We will ABSOLUTELY return the hospitality and look forward to doing so.

Fusion wishes you continued success and looks forward to hopefully doing it all again next year with you guys!!!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

much thanks to crusaders for allowing us to partake in their breakfast ... man that cornbread stuff was good ..... and i had to laugh when i heard the two snarelines were gettin together for a 'sectional' in the sauna :wink:

When Ryan, WIll and I had the idea of a sectional in the sauna we were so pumped, then i saw Fusion Core was there and we were just ecstatic!

We were running around, in only shorts mind you, asking all the people we didn't recognize if they were drummers.

We ended up with all's upper battery and about 4 or 6 of Cru's!

It was seriously the best drum corps moment i have ever experienced, and actually I was planning on posting a topic as soon as i woke up (which was about 19 minutes ago; long weekend.)

Fusion Core, you guys are gold in my book, can't wait to see you guys again!

Joe Stork

I'm interested in Bill Hoyt making "an old lady feel good." Hmmmmm, you go Bill!

I can tell you that Cru has been like that for a long time.

And we enjoyed staying with Fusion very much too! You all were very nice to us and we appreciate it! Your drummers are also really cool too!:) But the whole corps was so nice and we all enjoyed staying with you guys!

Congrats to you guys on coming out swinging with 2nd place at your 2nd EVER show!

This right here is what drum corp is really about!! Too often members get carried away with scores and placement and forget the human element.

Tom Lizotte really explained it best to Cru, and i think its become our new mantra,

"Enjoy the journey"

My most memorable moments in Drum Corp have been off of the field, and many times with other corps.

I think these tales of sauna drum sectionals and bill hoyt are what people are going to remember in the years to come, not who came in what place with what score.

Nothing beats meeting new friends, sharing your beer, love of the activity, and breakfast!! :-)

Fusion Core, my hat goes off to you, you too are a COMPLETE class act!

When Ryan, WIll and I had the idea of a sectional in the sauna we were so pumped, then i saw Fusion Core was there and we were just ecstatic!

We were running around, in only shorts mind you, asking all the people we didn't recognize if they were drummers.

We ended up with all's upper battery and about 4 or 6 of Cru's!

It was seriously the best drum corps moment i have ever experienced, and actually I was planning on posting a topic as soon as i woke up (which was about 19 minutes ago; long weekend.)

Fusion Core, you guys are gold in my book, can't wait to see you guys again!

Joe Stork

Congratulations Joe! ^OO^ Great win/show Cru! Great drumline :wink:

Edited by Shenandoah Vibrato

Housing with Fusion was amazing. You guys were really, really fun.

Im going to say one of my favorite moments in my drum corps experience besides winning DCA in 04', was the "sauna sectional". I know people reading this might think its wierd, but its been a while since i've personally had a chance just to chill and hang out with other drummers/corps members and have a good time doing what i love to do. These days everyones so hung up on scores and winning, and hating other corps just because they're in a certain corps...people forget that we're all pretty much the same, we spend many hours working hard, doing what we love to do. Even though i haven't been in the game that long, I've met a lot of people who have been, and from all the stories i've heard and things ive experienced, it seems like drum corps these days aren't like they use to be.

Thanx again Fusion...and good luck to the rest of your season, ill be rooting for you at finalss :P

This is what drum corps is all about. I think this is great! I want to wish both organizations the best of luck.