Seattle Cascades

On a similar note, what about Pioneer returning to Division 2? They were super competitive in their last years in D2, and it may help recruiting to be able to say "you can win a ring here," whereas perhaps now they can't make that claim.

Just a thought...

The impression I get from Pioneer is that a ring would be icing on a cake. The Pioneer experience seems to be about rich tradition and irish pride.......which I LOVE

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The impression I get from Pioneer is that a ring would be icing on a cake. The Pioneer experience seems to be about rich tradition and irish pride.......which I LOVE

I totally appreciate that also.

But I recall back in 1996 at the first show I ever attended, I thought Pioneer rocked the house. They were division 2 that year, and I believe they left shortly thereafter. Pioneer just doesn't have the same effect on me now - not sure if I'm just more of a seasoned fan, or if they were just a "better" corps as a division 2 corps.

The Cascades are really at a disadvantage due to the school system schedules in WA and OR. The kids in high school don't get out until mid to late June, and that date has been getting later.

I will add a quick word to this...one thing i feel greatly added to the sucess of the corps was that in the past we have had staff members from U of O, OSU, and UW that brought in college level talent and in 2002 especially we had a lot of "rook-outs" which helped with the overall talent level. When those staff members left the corps we got a lot younger and jwscv87 is right, the high schools do not let out until late june so where as other corps have already had 2-3 weeks of all-days Cascades only began their all-days on June 17th.

The staff changes did affect the corps the last 4 years, in '04 we had 3 brass caption heads over the course of the season. The staff the corps has now are a majority Cascades vets who have a passion to see this corps suceed and I have no doubt that they will get the job done. Just give them time...