And the #1 Reason to Watch the Indy Webcast is...

Anybody even having trouble getting DCI website to even come up?

The DCI site is down. Hope they get it fixed in time!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The DeMoulin ad!

Elmo Blatch

oh my.

I just now saw the DeMoulin ad.

Hmm. The first five seconds were spent thinking "is this really the music and does it that there is no way that it could possibly continue through the entire length of the spot". I was wrong.

My next thought was . . . the person who was paid to create this should never work in the industry again. They're either incompetent or lazy.

The following thoughts also ran across my mind before the conclusion of the ad.

Who makes decisions at Demoulin in relation to 'marketing'. Did they approve this ad? Did they know that the creator of the ad was the 6 year old daughter of the admin asst to the head custodian?

Was actual money paid for this ad? Was it paid up front after being promised something resembling a product spot that would make people want to purchase their product, and if so, doesn't this clearly violate some expectation of competnce by an advertising/video production company?

That was honestly the worst thing I've seen in twenty years. Although, I do hope it's used at BoA Grand Nats so when it comes on I can mock it repeatedly with those around me.

It's decades behind ads such as those by Pro-Mark and Zildjian others (the ones that comes to mind is the couple at WGI Percussion Finals this spring, specifically the one with the song Dark Beat).

Wow.

Edited by UNCGQ

if the quality of the video used to present the uniforms was much much much much much much much much much...

...much better, then yeah, it could become a decent ad.

I would think though (according to the message on the link) that this ad was designed for a stadium jumbotron (sp?), so it might actually come out better once stretched... maybe?

but yeah... magic markers and a Etch A Sketch and I'll give you a decent ad :)

They should have hired DCI to come up with the ad, because that was the absolute worst advertisement ever. It didn't really focus on their uniforms, because it made you hate the music and the effects.