Drums Along the Rockies: Denver, CO

Come on folks, a show was held, good judges made a call, and the scores and the spreads are what they are. You can cry all you want, but that changes little, and I highly doubt DCI or the judges are trying to mess with you or your favorite corps. It is a competition, and someone wins, and the others fall underneath according to how the judges viewed them in each caption. I just love it when people start to whine and complain when their corps is not scoring the way THEY feel they should, or when they think some conspiracy theory is in operation by DCI, or when they can't figure out why scores can go down or up on any given night. It's called performance and competition. Some nights it has to do with the performance of the corps, other nights it's the competition, and sometimes it's a bit of both. So yes, the spreads are what really matters, and obviously how each corps did in each caption is a telling point.

But, what the heck, I think we should all cry foul.

A judges honk?????

:P -I couldn't resist.... :)

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This might be one of the few reasons why D1 corps should have to tour a certain amount to be D1....if the judges have to have a certain amount of reads, then a corps has to be able to be read 'X' amount of times. Academy also skewed the numbers a tad bit before they got their reads; but this is a dramatic warping of the scores only 11 days out of Q-finals.

Just something to think about...

I'm less concerned about show-to-show volatility than I am about the idea that a corps' shows must be read some number of times to be judged fairly if the multiple readings are not being done by the same panels. Would the final result reflect a deeper understanding of the shows or simply a consensus of placements based on repuational capital.

"first read" means the first time a judge has seen a corps.

I'm pretty sure that some of the judges have seen each of the corps tonight before. If i was on tour right now I'd know who the panel is.

Daniel - why are you not on tour right now? Slacking? :P Get back out there - they need you! :beer:

Yeah, it appears that historically Costanza + Bluecoats = low score

Will Mr. Costanza be judging in Pasadena? :doh::worthy::beer:

Yeah, the word I got this morning from a fairly reliable source, is that none of the corps at the show had an off night. The only ones that had an off night were the panel of judges. Congrats to all the corps in Indy. Looks like it was worth all that extra driving back east you had to do. ^0^ to the corps in Denver. You all got hosed bad tonight.

Yeah, the word I got this morning from a fairly reliable source, is that none of the corps at the show had an off night. The only ones that had an off night were the panel of judges. Congrats to all the corps in Indy. Looks like it was worth all that extra driving back east you had to do. ^0^ to the corps in Denver. You all got hosed bad tonight.

reliable source? sorry, Dan A doesn't bash his judges.

how big was the crowd?

and why all the drama?

the corps played...the judges gave them scores...move on.

suck it up little buddies.

I'd watch out now for SCV cuz they added the entire show now and are cleaning it like whoa...

And you are implying that none of the other contenders are cleaning their entire shows either?

I know, but most people are "ranking" the corps regardless of judges and scores.

It all means nothing untill Pasadena, but its still important. Blue Stars dropped 2 points tonight, I think its worth mention.

What's ridiculous is that those that are "ranking" the corps from different shows are saying corps "X" is ahead of "Corps B".....every year, an influx of newbies dominate the conversations with nonsense and rhetoric and to just see a combination of scores from different shows and call that the placement for the corps, wether for one day, or not, is rdiculous and a false message for those that dont know the real deal.

You can not compare scores from different shows, and different days, it doesnt work, it doesnt give you a general idea and it makes for many "huh" ?? anf wtf"" anf "Corps X" is getting screwed cries after reality strikes.

~G~