Drums Along the Rockies: Denver, CO

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So what exactly does a "first read" judges panel mean? (For us unwashed uninformed types....)

Means that generally, most of the guys on the judging panel haven't seen the show yet. They have been watching the scores and know what others think, and try to be at the right place on the field at the right time to sample the difficulty and achievement as it happens, but might need a few times though the show before they catch everything.

Means that generally, most of the guys on the judging panel haven't seen the show yet. They have been watching the scores and know what others think, and try to be at the right place on the field at the right time to sample the difficulty and achievement as it happens, but might need a few times though the show before they catch everything.

I'm kinda suprised this far into the season that any of tonights DATR are first reads. Makes more sense to have the best judges on the Panels at Regionals wouldn't it?

Gotcha. Thanks. Can see how it could make a difference.

Is that standard practice this late in the season? Is it a regional thing?

did u see them?

no u didn't

neither did i

but most corps tonight had a major drop in score from their last 2 shows...

so please explain that to me.

spreads...go ahead.......

i for one am just not buying it.

I'm kinda suprised this far into the season that any of tonights DATR are first reads. Makes more sense to have the best judges on the Panels at Regionals wouldn't it?

Maybe they got spread thin and the better judges went to Indy due to DCI going to Indy next year. :lol:

Gotcha. Thanks. Can see how it could make a difference.

Is that standard practice this late in the season? Is it a regional thing?

I could be wrong, but I think it's just plain chance. Although it might have been mostly a first read for Coats, other corps there that night have probably seen those judges this season.

Not that it makes a HUGE difference. The judging community is well educated and good at what they do.