How much faster is FAST REPLY

Ok, how many of you post your reply, then immediately realize a mistake or an improvement, and click to edit it?

Elmo Blatch

That doesn't happen every often if its a short post. I usually double check for errors before hitting tab+enter. If its a long post i usually post it, then check for reviews.

There's also an option in your profile that automatically makes the fast reply box open if its available on the thread your in. That also saves time.

w/Stp: this makes it SO much faster.

and regarding no options for fonts or smilies... learn the codes for a few of your favorites. it's very basic html codes for fonts, image tags, etc. even i managed to learn them, lol.

for example, to make something bold, you place these brackets [ ] with the letter b inside them before what you want bolded, and after you're done typing in bold, do the same brackets [ ] but with a /b inside. watch what all the buttons do when you click them in the "slower" reply box, and you'll pick it up pretty quickly.

It is like html, but it is forum markup. For most functions, it is the html, but with the brackets instead of the carrots.

Clicking the line "enable smilies" will bring up the smilie pop up window, too.

Also, if you are typing and decide you want to go to the regular reply window, just click the "More Options" button and it will save the text you have already entered.