Phantom's new ending

It's not August yet???

I said in some other thread (probably one of the four PR threads closed since Friday) that I wasn't impressed that they hauled it out again. It's like the corps is depending on the wedge and crab for their GE.

And I'm an alum! Remember 93? Do something new! And if the alum on staff can't think [bOX] ----------> over here, then get someone who can. (sorry guys!)

BTW, I am not happy with the three-ring circus that necessitates that a show has to have all this stuff added for the last three shows in order for it to be called 'GE.' Put the show on the field. Clean the show. And mop up. The show grows on the judges as well as the crowd. If PR is so good and designing a show with finals in mind, then they need to back up their calendar a week so they have a better chance year in and year out of being prepared for finals.

IMO, NOBODY brings it better for finals--whatever level they are at--than Phantom. But the fact that they're not ready for finals when it comes around and there's always one more corps that is does not speak well of the design calendar. That's management, not members.

(as he waits for the hounds to call Newell to the thread)

So, then tradition means nothing? I guess it is pretty lame for SCV to always put in the V by the cymbal line to end a show, and to have the Scouts put their FDL in the drill every year? Anyway, you do not sound like a very proud alumn. All corps hold things for later in the year. You build and add as the season goes on. Phantom gets better every show because of it. I know though that they will be the ONLY corps to add anything during the course of a year so it is a good idea to rant about the additions to the show. August is just around the corner....... I hope they don't add anything to get better :beer:

I saw PR's show in Mesquite, TX on July 19th. It was the most emotional, beautiful and powerful show I think I've ever seen. I'm shocked at their scores/placements based on the raw GE factor if nothing else. I haven't seen any caption breakdowns for them yet and how they compare to anyone else.

I personally loved the entire show, ending and everything about the show in mid July. I don't want them to change a thing. However, I do want them to do whatever they have to do to improve in the judges eyes and score better - that's the game, cool.

I figured they just had such a difficult drill that the cleaning factor was biting them in the backside.

Between PR and Cadets, either would be a winner in my book. I haven't seen Cavie's or Bluecoats show other than online and BD's show left me flat.