A five point drop. Where's the outrage? If it were Bluecoats or Crown or Madison or Colts or... DCP would burst into flame but because it's the 17-22 range no one says boo. Feh.

And this matters because Denver's score will help determine the performance spot for Quarters.

I'm looking forward to Troop's score going back where it belongs tomorrow.

A five point drop. Where's the outrage? If it were Bluecoats or Crown or Madison or Colts or... DCP would burst into flame but because it's the 17-22 range no one says boo. Feh.

And this matters because Denver's score will help determine the performance spot for Quarters.

I'm looking forward to Troop's score going back where it belongs tomorrow.

The Troopers are making great strides, thought it is anybody guess where they will score and place. It's great to see them heading in the right direction and a strong visual program at that.

signed

David Martinez

Drum Corps Fan

B)

Edited by Cop

Wow, I totally didn't see the almost five point drop until just now. Jeez, wtf! Seriously. I understand having a bad night, which I believe they may have had, but falling back a week really is not right!

So it looks like it was their GE score. Man, GE does not drop from almost a 31 to a 28 like that. That is the largest drop in GE this whole season of any corps between two shows. (bknights.org/scores/standings)

Music and Visual dropped around a point too, which is a huge drop between two shows.

I don't know, it does sound like the 78 was a bit inflated, but 73 sounds underinflated. I loved the Troopers show in San Antonio, and ya, a part of that is because they are the troopers, but another part of that is because they were good! Not great, not yet, but very very good. Their show is entertaining and full of energy and tradition and in my view points that aern't being received yet.

My $.02

It's a typical DCI dilemma. Being relegated to the earlier order of preformance is like having a wagon that's stuck in a rut. You can build a better wagon while it's in the rut, but it still won't move, which can be frustrating. Hang in there 11th Cav. !!! :)

As far as scores go it seems I read most reviews of the Troopers & Scouts as being fan friendly

which translates to low scores. The Troop did have a 3.5 point bump the show prior to Denver so I expected

they'd be back down in the 75 or 76 range in Denver but certainly not 73.5.

I'm personally just happy to see the Troopers (the 1st drum corps I ever saw and fell in love with back in the 60's)

back on the field again this year and the Scouts digging out from what was a very tough winter.

The fans dig them and thats what puts people in the stands and people coming back to see them again.

No doubt both of these corps should have a huge base of vets coming back next year, maybe the

judges might give them a bit more credit next year you never know. I do hope the Troop will make it to Friday night

in Pasadena. Start off with the Troopers and end with the Kingsmen-a drum corps fan's dream.

As far as scores go it seems I read most reviews of the Troopers & Scouts as being fan friendly

which translates to low scores.

And THAT is judging bias....which needs to be removed from the DCI judging ranks!!!!!

This bias is the reason for the homogenization of the top corps recently (in terms of the need to match what the JUDGES like, prefer, and favor...which had been esoteria). I am seeing in both Mad and Troop high (relatively) performance scores; and low GE scores...and that is purely due to the lack of esoteria in the respective shows...otherwise, why does the crowd like them so much, and the performance scores are higher??

(I'm going honk now...)

I guess that has been my frustration with the scores of Troop. I know the corps is young; and that the visual program is a bit more conservative than most the other corps...but the hornline and percussion have good books; they have cleaned a lot during the tour; and they have received scores in the top-12 range for performance. It just seems like there is a judging bias toward more esoteric books...because most of today's judges have been saturated in the highly esoteric marching arts in both DCI and BOA; and that is their personal preference. (This personal preference is being projected too much into scores...trying to force the activities to change. Bad thing...) That is hurting their GE scores...not that the show is overly simple, but that IMO the judging community does not like ACCESSABLE shows.

I do not expect them to be ushered into finals; but I do expect some stability in the scores; even across the judging community. Without this stability (given stable improvement and performance) the entire judging concept comes into question.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but as a music educator and one involved in competitive marching arts, I see this as a major problem in this activity. Now I will take my place in the WAAAAAMMMMBULANCE..... :P

(Honk is now off....)

Edited by prodigal bari

I am often a believer in numbers. I feel that GE is better judged by the GP (general public?). If a crowd has a vocal response, that speaks volumes. Also, I tend to be more impressed with someone/thing that is smart enough to be simple. Why get penalized for performing within your means?

Pfffft....