A Congratulations to the Madison Scouts

Not to burst yall's bubble, but im going to have to now, before I do I will agree that there show last night was much improved from last week in San Antonio, so now the bad; the drill is HORRIBLE it looks like a like your average BOA high school drill, and a question, could you add anymore "fleur de les" (or however its spelled) in the drill I mean it seems every 3 to 4 sets I was seeing the whole thing of some type of figment of it, as for the show music I like the arrangement in general but I do not think those piece's go good together, and the transition between Uninvited and Kashmir is awful, now if you notice im only critizing the design elements of the show, and I am not going as far as to say staff changes need to occur, I commend these young men for all the hard work they put on the field this summer, I encourage that these young men who are not aging out to return to the corps again next season, because I believe that growth only makes you stronger. and sometimes you have to take a step back to take 2 steps forward.

Edited by CoreyD

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to burst yall's bubble, but im going to have to now, before I do I will agree that there show last night was much improved from last week in San Antonio, so now the bad; the drill is HORRIBLE it looks like a like your average BOA high school drill, and a question, could you add anymore "fleur de les" (or however its spelled) in the drill I mean it seems every 3 to 4 sets I was seeing the whole thing of some type of figment of it, as for the show music I like the arrangement in general but I do not think those piece's go good together, and the transition between Uninvited and Kashmir is awful, know if you notice im only critizing the design elements of the show, and I am not going as far as to say staff changes need to occur, I commend these young men for all the hard work they put on the field this summer, I encourage that these young men who are not aging out to return to the corps again next season, because I believe that growth only makes you stronger. and sometimes you have to take a step back to take 2 steps forward.

I disagree. I'm guessing I've watched thousands of drum corps shows. Were you there?

Edited by barkermarker

I disagree. I'm guessing I've watched thousands of drum corps shows. Were you there?

I saw them in Denton last week, and I watched the webcast last night. plus other webcasts in the past couple of weeks. :)

The improvement from Atlanta to Indy is unreal. A Scout show all the way. I hope they can make the push to finals.

One of my favorite shows of the year.

I'm just not ready to say "No" about Madison's finals chances. I haven't seen their show once this year; but...it's so hard for me to think about Finals without the Scouts (Yes, I know it happened in '72 and '02, but still).