A Congratulations to the Madison Scouts

I was thinking about doing this then decided against it but now I've decided I'll go ahead and do it.

I saw the Madison Scouts in Decatur, Indiana on June 20 and let me tell you, I honestly did not get into the show. It was rough, very very rough.

But I saw them in Indianapolis last night and let me tell any of you who weren't there, you have nothing to worry about. The Madison Scouts are most likely NOT going to make finals. This doesn't mean their show is going to suck. Their show was the second most entertaining of the night in Indy (and by crowd applause and appreciation throughout the show, I'm fairly certain this was the case with most of the people there). Their show has come so long since Decatur. It is a complete package and I really enjoyed it.

I just wanted to write this and share a nice little photo so that no one will worry about the Scouts anymore.

DSC06040s.jpg

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh that is a very nice picture. They have definitely turned this season around and many people, including myself, are very proud of what they're doing right now. I personally love the show. Its one of my favorite of the year. They are truly doing an outstanding job. :worthy::beer::beer::doh:

I've heard a lot of good things about Madison's show this year. What on earth is keeping this (usually) rock solid corps out of the top 12?

Anyway, whatever happenens, GO SCOUTS! :-)

Hmm. So that's the stadium we're gonna have to look at for the next ten years or so for every DCI, huh?

Take "Colt's" out of there and replace it with "Bears" and you might have something...

:lolhit:

JUST KIDDING Alex... nice post.

The general consensus about Madison is that they are indeed rolling into Pasadena on a bullet, and that the show is really coming together and becoming as entertaining as it was intended to be. I don't mind saying that I was one who said "let's just wait and see as the season goes on what happens with the Scout's" ... so now I shall gloat a bit. B)

I can tell you with some certainty that if the goal of the corps SPECIFICALLY was to make finals and was the "end all / be all" of the corps this year, then maybe there would be trouble. Don't get me wrong, I'm quite certain they have their sights set on making "the show"... no doubt, as well they should. But I think they've clearly shown themselves to be winners once again regardless of position, are focused on accomplishment and betterment that's within their power, and have a young and talented base to build on into next year and beyond.

With two weeks to go in the season, and what they've accomplished in the last two, the are poised to be certainly a possible "cinderella story" corps this year...

Hmm. So that's the stadium we're gonna have to look at for the next ten years or so for every DCI, huh?

Nope, that's still the RCA Dome. Lucas Oil Stadium (which is open-air with a retractable roof and sides), will be open for business next year, which is the first of the 10-year DCI Indy plan.

Take "Colt's" out of there and replace it with "Bears" and you might have something...

Um, yeah, who won in January again? :D

:lolhit:

Geno I think you meant to say the PACKERS! :P

BLITZ,

You beat me to it. I found every Scout I could last night and told them how proud I was of them. I had seen video of early season (and stopped watching after 60 seconds), and promised myself that I would wait until the men had the opportunity to dust themselves off. They've turned this program into a powerful package that screams MADISON! Sure, there were some rough spots still .... but now we're down to just a handful of things to clean in the next 2 weeks. Don't count them out yet. If they keep improving at this rate (sans scores), they very well could push for finals ..... or somewhere ahead of 15th.

Men of Madison, you ... more than any brother who came before you ... have earned the right to call yourselves Madison Scouts. WELL DONE!

Edited by supersop

Theres a team in Foxboro that's pretty good as well.