1983 Cadets!

I agree but I would like you to think about going back to 79. I've listened to the progression of music from 79-82 and one can see the transformations of the Garfield sound to Rocky Point. The sound quality, phrasings, styles, tempos. I mean look at Adventures in time. How ground breaking was that? The driving tempo certainly was a good start to what the Cadets have become.

I still love Pieces of Dreams tho. I wish somehow they would do a throwback to that at the end of one of their shows in the future.

Pieces of Dreams....beautiful piece of music that should be considered to bring back to the field

Garfield 83....listening on the CD or watching on the DVD gives me chills everytime

Still vividly remember that magical night in Miami...East, East, East

• 3 weeks later...

Garfield 83 was simply amazing. I think younger fans will not realize how groundbreaking that show was. Mostly everyone else was still doing pictures, "Concert" pieces, drill symmetry, drumline parked mainly on the 50, etc. Garfield was doing NONE of that and it was shocking. Z-pull! The battery playing a completely different (and minimalist style) changed everything. Plus, that hornline!!!!!! I don't think any corps has ever made such a paradigm shift in the activity.

That show just...near perfection. The Cadets of the mid 80's had some of the best corps ever.

AND they brought that DCI title flag to the East coast where it should be (not that I'm biased) :)

Edited by dccorpsfan

What's kind of amazing (and in some ways sad) is that I can vividly remember '83 Garfield music and drill; as well as many other shows of that ea both musically and visually ('80 SCV; '80 27th; '84 Suncoast; '85 Garfield; '80 , 81 & '82 Bridgemen; '86 Blue Devils; '91 & '93 Star Of Indiana' 95 Cavaliers......I could go on and on..... BUT.......

Ask me how many shows I can vividy (key word -- VIVIDLY) remember over the past five years, and I can only name two or three!!!!!

"Sigh"...... :doh: What happened?!?!?!?!?!

Can't you whistle the melody to Cavies 4 Corners show? Oh wait......there was no melody :( :( :(

Can't you whistle the melody to Cavies 4 Corners show? Oh wait......there was no melody :( :( :(

Aw, now even I can whistle the prominent melody in 4 Corners, at least of the last half of the show. da-da DAHH da-da DAHH da-da da-da DAdadada. :P