Attn: PR alums from '88-'95

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is especially sad because Nikki was the member of the guard that I lifted at the end of Claire de Lune in the 1994 show. My heart goes out to Nikki's family in their loss, especially Mrs. Ely, who was one of the support staff that I got to know that summer.

RIP, Nikki.

Edited by silvertrombone

:(

Nikki was always one of the sweetest and kindest people to everyone. She had a beautiful personality that lifted up others. She was always very easy going with a smile on her face. Even though it has been thirteen years since the last time we saw each other in person, we had renewed contact with each other over the last year. I am thankful for the times we had together in drum corps and for the more recent ones as well. I will keep her and her family in my thoughts.

Scott Presley

PR 92-94

Nikki was always one of the sweetest and kindest people to everyone. She had a beautiful personality that lifted up others. She was always very easy going with a smile on her face. Even though it has been thirteen years since the last time we saw each other in person, we had renewed contact with each other over the last year. I am thankful for the times we had together in drum corps and for the more recent ones as well. I will keep her and her family in my thoughts.

Scott Presley

PR 92-94

Hey, Scott--good to hear from you again, too. Bump (for all the daytime PR readers).

Rosey

Although I did not know Nikki, as a PR alum my thoughts and prayers go out to her family. :angel:

my condolences to all of you who knew Nikki and to Nikki's family. From what all of you say it sounds like she was a pretty amazing person, and it's a shame to lose someone like that at such a young age.

(On a personal note, Nikki sat across the aisle from me on the bus when I marched with her. When I first met her, she was an incredibly hard-working and talented young girl who earned a spot in the world's best color guard. I very much remember everyone in the corps being so impressed by her. ... Please keep her friends and family in your thoughts.)

I'm sorry, Greg...

I marched with Nikki in high school band and winterguard. Her mom Dee was my director. Nikki was also working hard at whatever she set her mind to. Even in her 30's she was working to further her education. She was a woman with tenacity that could not be duplicated.

Even in her final departure from this earth, Nikki saved the lives of others by donating several organs, according to Dee.

I pray for her family as they try to make any kind of sense out of this tragic occurence.

Rebecca Franks