Div.II & III Finals

For Div II & III Finals Saturday morning at 10:30AM, does anyone know what the timeline is for Finals? How many corps is it?

Just want to get an idea how much time there will be between that and Div I Finals late afternoon. Thanks!

Im pretty sure its 12 corps (5 Div II/7 Div III, if I remember that correctly). I don't know how much time there is between Div II/III Grand Finals and Div I Finals, but I'm sure there's enough time for those fans coming from Div II/III to get from PCC to the Rose Bowl.

Im pretty sure its 12 corps (5 Div II/7 Div III, if I remember that correctly). I don't know how much time there is between Div II/III Grand Finals and Div I Finals, but I'm sure there's enough time for those fans coming from Div II/III to get from PCC to the Rose Bowl.

ARRGG!!! There is no more grand finals!! :doh:

:P

I hated that term from the very beginning when it was first introduced baack in 2003. After the 2005 season, they did away with it and are using the traditional prelims/semifinals/finals format. We've talked about this in other threads many of many times.

In any case. Finals format is top 3 D2 + top 3 D3 + next 6 highest scoring corps regardless of division + any international corps whose score bests that of any corps in the top 12. So, you're probably looking at 13 corps for FINALS!

and with that, the timeline from dci.org

DCI World Championships Div II & III Finals

Saturday, August 11, 2007 - 10:30 AM

Pasadena City College

Pasadena, CA

All tickets will be held at will call beginning on:

7/24/2007 - 9:00 AM CST

Last date to buy tickets online or by phone:

8/06/2007 - 10:00 AM CST

Box office opens: 9:00 AM

Gates open: 10:00 AM

Start time: 10:30 AM

Show should be done by 3:00pm at the latest I think, more than enough time to get to the Rose Bowl for that other show thing that's going on :doh:

Since the stadium where the Division II/III finals are being held is 5 miles away from the Rose Bowl, how much time will it take for corps to get there ....if they take the California highway system ?? :doh:

15 minutes to walk, 3 hours, 45 minutes if you drive....

...just kidding, I love California's highways..... :doh:

ARRGG!!! There is no more grand finals!! :doh:

I hated that term from the very beginning when it was first introduced baack in 2003. After the 2005 season, they did away with it and are using the traditional prelims/semifinals/finals format. We've talked about this in other threads many of many times.

In any case. Finals format is top 3 D2 + top 3 D3 + next 6 highest scoring corps regardless of division + any international corps whose score bests that of any corps in the top 12. So, you're probably looking at 13 corps for FINALS!

Yes, but do you know when Grand Finals are? ^0^ :P

Yes, but do you know when Grand Finals are? ^0^ :P

:doh: :sshh:

I love you too :P

All I know is that we're leaving Cabrillo at around 8:15 for a 11:16 step-off. Meaning we'll probably have to get up around 6:30ish, assuming we start with PT like we did today. Ughh.

I'm still somewhat surprised we made it. Happy, though. :beer: