Crown. Regiment, Bluecoats

Anyone here think any of these dark horses has a shot or really shaking things up this weekend.

Saw Regiment and Crown this past weekend, and I have to say, Crown has the total package. This is by fay the best show this corps has ever put on the field. Everything is JUST RIGHT, it all fits. Great book, a fabulous visual program. They kinda remind me of the Cadets in the arly to mid 80's. I hate saying this, but if you give them an extra week to clean, I think they might have something for the Cadets and Blue Devils.

Regiment looks very good, but they just dont have the show. Don't get me wrong, I love this show, but it won't win a title.

I was really hoping the Bluecoats would be a bit stronger, but they have begun to fizzle down the strech.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone here think any of these dark horses has a shot or really shaking things up this weekend.

Saw Regiment and Crown this past weekend, and I have to say, Crown has the total package. This is by fay the best show this corps has ever put on the field. Everything is JUST RIGHT, it all fits. Great book, a fabulous visual program. They kinda remind me of the Cadets in the arly to mid 80's. I hate saying this, but if you give them an extra week to clean, I think they might have something for the Cadets and Blue Devils.

Regiment looks very good, but they just dont have the show. Don't get me wrong, I love this show, but it won't win a title.

I was really hoping the Bluecoats would be a bit stronger, but they have begun to fizzle down the strech.

I saw them both as well, Crown is clean but doesn't have the show to win. Phantom on the other hand has the show but has been under performing (IMO).

There is huge gap in difficulty between the two both musically and from a drill perspective. This is no knock against Crown.

I've noticed that Phantom, Crown, and Bluecoats all have opted out of having kids do I & E events.

I know Phantom did this last year for more rehearsal time with the corps. Did Bluecoats and Crown do this last year - or did they see the good it did Phantom last year and copy it this year?

Either way - it's a good strategy and should prove very beneficial for all 3 come thurs-sat.

Edited by PhantomPhanatic

At Crown we did not have anyone do I&E last season, although I don't know if it's because no one wanted to do it or if we had a policy of not participating (I think it might be the latter, but don't quote me.)

I've noticed that Phantom, Crown, and Bluecoats all have opted out of having kids do I & E events.

I know Phantom did this last year for more rehearsal time with the corps. Did Bluecoats and Crown do this last year - or did they see the good it did Phantom last year and copy it this year?

Either way - it's a good strategy and should prove very beneficial for all 3 come thurs-sat.

Also, The Cadets do not have any performers in the I&E contest.

Side note: Although there are several woodwinds performers, Pacific Crest and Spokane Thunder have the only Woodwind Ensembles this year.

Edited by Danpod

I saw them both as well, Crown is clean but doesn't have the show to win. Phantom on the other hand has the show but has been under performing (IMO).

There is huge gap in difficulty between the two both musically and from a drill perspective. This is no knock against Crown.

I love how these two posters essentially rebut each other.

Fascinating, innit?

I n a word, " No".....in my opinion, like most years, the champion will come out of "The Big Three" of either BD, Cadets or Cavs. One of these 3 wins it all. My guess, They'll be a surprise or 2 down from the top, where one corps or 2 might leapfrog another. But I see no frog that turns into a Prince at Finals. But time will tell.

I dont know. Id say just based on previous history, PR is the one most likely to move up, the question is in front of who? Not that Cadets are a lock on the top spot, but they sure look to be that leaves BD and Cavies. I saw Cavies and PR in Naperville a week and a half ago and really enjoyed PRs show. Cavies seem to have alot more demanding drill, but PR defintely has the music book. Although unlikely, I would say they have the best chance to pass Cavies or BD. And that is if Bluecoats and Crown are stagnent this week. Tough question.

Love Crown's show but also a big fan of Phantom. I just don't see either of them pulling out an upset - I think positions 4 - 7 will be extremely close and can't wait to see how it all falls. So glad to hear the positive comments about Crown's show. It really does put them in a new class!!!!

I thought the exact opposite. Crowns show is much cleaner than Phantom and it's Phantom who given another week could contend. Phantom alos has a much higher demand level both visually and musically. The jazz running at the end was incredible, no where near perfect, but the demand that move has they sure pull it off good enough for it to work.