The Cadets at Quarterfinals

However, what makes you think the Cavies need hashes more than the Cadets? Their drill, no matter what the judges say, is NOT that difficult. Every time they line up, it's on a yard line. And they just don't have the same velocity on density with their drill as the Cadets do.

Are you frekin blind

No, I'm not blind. But ANYONE who feels that the Cavies have a harder drill than the Cadets is hopelessly unobservant.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If any other corps asked for the field to be repainted, would it have been a problem then? That's a question I think we are all asking ourselves right now.

The penalty was justified.

So ur saying just cause Hop asked its a problem? He was the only director with enough guts to do what was right.

has to be... as a cavie fan i second that...

im not a cadets hater though... despite all the singing and talking, i thought their shows worked out well... including this year... brass and percussion is absolutely amazing

im not a cadets hater eather. There brass is amaizing and there marching is good but the drill isnt nearly as hard or faster. mabey as fast at some points but in no point is it more demanding than the cavies drill or crossmen for that matter. Not saying crossmen is performing up to par with those guys they just have a hard drill to there show. Cadets should take there own advise "without voices" and being a member of dci who has marched plenty of times without hashes in corps not nearly as talented, im sure cadets coulda performed there show just as well without them.

I wonder.....if the field was in the same condition as when the Blue Knights marched, and Hoppy had some of his kids fall, would he whine and cry that there was too much paint on the field? Just a theroy. Does anyone know if in Indy they'll have full astro turf, or that half and half stuff like in Madison? If it's full turf, at least we won't have to worry about it for like....9 years.

The paint was still wet, and that is another problem that we shouldn't have to worry about during finals week!

Haven't figured it out yet? they weren't booing the kids, they were booing Hopkins. :sshh:

Class is not showing your assets in front of thousands of people. <**>

Common sense is not waiting until your corps is set to step off to line the field. :laugh:

Haven't figured it out yet? Booing in front of a group before they perform is a childish thing to do. It affects them whether you like it or not. I'm sure it was a confusing and tough situation. I'm glad Hopkins made the common sense call for the safety of his kids.

im not sure about cadet's drill style... but im pretty sure nobody wouldve got injured.

and the drills would have been fine. even if the hashes werent fixed

I didn't think Cadets or Cavies had particularly hard drill. effective and dazzling, but not hard.

Both have done much more complicated and demanding drill in the past.

If Hopkins was so overly concerned about the hashes, maybe he should have checked them before he marched the corps out?

I wouldn't say I know the man, but I have met him enough times to not like him.