2008 Comebacks!

<cough>CORPSVETS<cough>

That performs on the DCI circuit...not DCA. :P

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to see ECJ come back. Even though it will be one year too late for my age-out it would be nice to get some drum corps back to massachusetts. Even though spartans is in NH it is still a hike for those of us in the rhode island/southeastern mass area. Plus ECJ is my home and nobody likes to see their home corps go out.

Unfortunately it has been really hard since state laws have affected Bingo. Remember Patriots in 2003? 2nd Place in Orlando and then in 04 they were gone. I heard it was due to loss in fundraising... FROM BINGO! Who knew those silly old ladies sitting with a cloud of smoke around them every friday, saturday and sunday could make such a difference! :P

It seems as if div II has really dwindled over the past years. Either they lose members and drop down to div III or they have to give up a year of opportunity.

Drum Corps has done so many things for my life, and it would be a shame if the competitve yet "high school student friendly" div II/III wasn't available for my students or even my own kids.

Come back ECJ, Esperanza, Patriots, LVK, Magic, and all others that have been lost along the way! This activity needs you!

ECJ WILL BE BACK!

Come check us out at our recruiting/information booth at the USSBA/NESBA show on October 20, 2007 in Quincy, Mass.

ventures... never seen tehm but my mother marched with them and i guess there were pretty good. and you might remember teh 20th maine regiment, back in teh 80's there were small but pretty good for a bunch of little "mainahs"

Edited by josh161

wat happen to magic anyway? why did they take the year off?
Sorry kid you can play taps for em , the equipment is sold everythings ABRA CADAB RA !! POOF , GONE except

the memories . :( :(

I know it would be great if EVERY inactive corps could come back, but from the corps that have gone inactive in the past couple of years who do you guys look forward to seeing comeback next season?
The Iron Brigade from Michigan and the Etobicoke Crusaders from Ontario Canada . :) :rock: b**bs

LVK - We are working on it! I see 2010 in a crystal ball!!!

According to the doom and gloom brigade here on Disgruntled Complainers Planet, junior drum and bugle corps will be long gone by then. :P

I wish Court of Honor would come back...I hate not having a corps in Atlanta...or even Georgia for that matter!
Edited by jpalvey927