2008 Comebacks!

How awesome would it have been to have Division II/III finals with Magic, Esperanza, Patriots, East Coast Jazz, Leigh Valley Knights, Glory Cadets, Capital Sound (I know they're not a folded corps--but they didn't come out to Pasadena)...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to see ECJ come back. Even though it will be one year too late for my age-out it would be nice to get some drum corps back to massachusetts. Even though spartans is in NH it is still a hike for those of us in the rhode island/southeastern mass area. Plus ECJ is my home and nobody likes to see their home corps go out.

Unfortunately it has been really hard since state laws have affected Bingo. Remember Patriots in 2003? 2nd Place in Orlando and then in 04 they were gone. I heard it was due to loss in fundraising... FROM BINGO! Who knew those silly old ladies sitting with a cloud of smoke around them every friday, saturday and sunday could make such a difference! :P

It seems as if div II has really dwindled over the past years. Either they lose members and drop down to div III or they have to give up a year of opportunity.

Drum Corps has done so many things for my life, and it would be a shame if the competitve yet "high school student friendly" div II/III wasn't available for my students or even my own kids.

Come back ECJ, Esperanza, Patriots, LVK, Magic, and all others that have been lost along the way! This activity needs you!

What about Allegiance Elite or Yamato everyone seems to be forgetting about those guys

Thanks FalloutTheory! :worthy: You totally forgot to mention Strutters as well..If you are who I think you are, you have ties to them as well ya know.

Speaking of comebacks.. I remain hopeful.

The Edmonton Strutters have been (technically) inactive since 03 (although they were one of the two groups that comprised Fusion in 04) who were semi-finalists.

They are extremely blessed to have a wonderful woman named Pauline who has been behind the scenes for over a QUARTER CENTURY and unfortunately her health has not been the greatest for the last few years.. (please keep her in your thoughts!) However, there were some mistakes made during 03/04 when she was very sick and the corps was under other management.. (not going into details) and the organization seems to be finally recovering from that under her guidance again, albeit slowly.

They have been trying since 05 to come back and I get hopeful every off-season that some strides are being made.. time will tell though.

http://www.strutters.org

Edited by Canadacorps

Thanks FalloutTheory! :worthy: You totally forgot to mention Strutters as well..If you are who I think you are, you have ties to them as well ya know.

Speaking of comebacks.. I remain hopeful.

The Edmonton Strutters have been (technically) inactive since 03 (although they were one of the two groups that comprised Fusion in 04) who were semi-finalists.

They are extremely blessed to have a wonderful woman named Pauline who has been behind the scenes for over a QUARTER CENTURY and unfortunately her health has not been the greatest for the last few years.. (please keep her in your thoughts!) However, there were some mistakes made during 03/04 when she was very sick and the corps was under other management.. (not going into details) and the organization seems to be finally recovering from that under her guidance again, albeit slowly.

They have been trying since 05 to come back and I get hopeful every off-season that some strides are being made.. time will tell though.

http://www.strutters.org

Dang it I did forget them and Your right I DO also have ties to them as well.....so who do you think i am? haha

Dang it I did forget them and Your right I DO also have ties to them as well.....so who do you think i am? haha

Pm'd ya. Told you I know who you are.. .I have a mind like a steel trap! hah

I am suprised someone who has failed to mention the leader of the 2005 fall, the americanos. They will not be back in 2008, however they are working hard to get a couple of WGI circuts on the floor this year. Not to mention have a operational parade ensemble in the summer of 2008. The organization is stepping forward in the plans to sell there corps hall, withch is a good sign, that they are making an effort to come back.

I wish Court of Honor would come back...I hate not having a corps in Atlanta...or even Georgia for that matter!

I wish Court of Honor would come back...I hate not having a corps in Atlanta...or even Georgia for that matter!

<cough>CORPSVETS<cough>