Who Do You Love?

#1: SCV - My eyes watered at their show. They were just amazing this year, so much fun and emotion in their show. Best drill IMO and they were ridiculously clean considering the complex drill they had.

#2: Crown - I felt like I was watching a horse movie... or a horse show on Animal Planet... AWESOME

#3: Bluecoats - Such a great sound that comes out of them with a great theme to match.

#4: Madison - The music was just awesome.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Crown......complete package from top to bottom!

2. Bluecoats......didn't used to be a fan of this corps until this year!

3. Blue Devils.......loved the snippets of Pegasus!

4. Phantom Regiment....Hornline jazz running while playing Firebird Suite, what a stunning moment!

5. Last, but not least....Crossmen....loved the pre-show with the capes complete with Bones! Just wished it could have been part of the initial show.

In no particular order:

Carolina Crown....... great, entertaining show. A show that was challenging to the performers, but a show that any fan could "get" without needing a doctorate in music.

Blue Devils.... probably my all-time favorite junior corps, so it's kind of a given that I really like 'em, most years. This was one of those "most years."

Cadets...... whatever the verdict about the narration, this show entertained me. And that hornline knocked me out my seat.

Colts...... most definitely a pleasant surprise. Another show that I could enjoy without having to think too deeply about its "inner meaning."

Boston Crusaders.... I love the aggressive marching style..... a throwback to the Crusaders of another era.

SC Vanguard: Absolutely mesmerizing. I think SCV does "out-there stuff" better than any other corps, ever.

Cavaliers: Normally, I'm a "music first, visuals second" kind of guy.... but with the Cavies, I honestly don't care what they're playing. They could recite the phone book or play tuning scales, but as long as they're doing that trademark creative, inventive, over-the-top Cavaliers visual show, their program works for me.

Didn't get to see the Blue Stars, because of a video/audio glitch at the Quarterfinals theater show (my only chance to see 'em this year).... or I'm sure they would be on my list, too. :)

Fran

For me this year I would have to say that every show that touched the Rose Bowl field and the Pasadena City College field had it's amazing points in it and everyone I saw looked freaking awesome!!!

1. (tie) Phantom and Bluecoats

Bluecoats were great from Day 1 and only got better as the season progressed. Every change, every addition, was for the better.

It took a little while for me to embrace this Phantom show, but wow - in the end it was fantastic. The physical demand on the hornline was incredible!

2. (tie) Carolina Crown and SCV

I didn't think this year's Crown show had as many great moments as last year's, but the finale more than made up for it. The guard was sensational. I love the fact that Crown has embraced a philosophy of entertaining the crowd.

I did a 180 on SCV this year; I thought they were boring in Murfreesboro. As was mentioned above, every change made the show better. Probably the best ballad of the year.

3. Cavaliers

Definitely an off year for the corps, but still a visual feast.

4. Madison Scouts

Like SCV, I thought this show was a disaster early on but wonderful by Atlanta and even better in Pasadena.

5. Colts

Great to see them back in finals! Lt. Kije and a wonderful closer made for some great moments. (Still not sold on the new uniforms, though.)

Cadets- Yes. I loved them this year. I don't believe the narration was overdone and it fit very well into the show. I was entertained by every moment of it. The hornline stunned me. Closer and opener have fantastic impact points.

Phantom Regiment- Wedge. Yay. Firebird executed very well.

Bluecoats- One of the most entertaining of the night. The show concept is truly intriguing and the horns sounded great.

Crown- Also extremely entertaining. I loved how the show flowed and the horse race. GREAT hornline, powerful sound.

Also, hats off to SCV, Cavies, and Colts. Every corps was fantastic but these ones struck me in particular.

1. (tie) Phantom and SCV

I thought these two shows were the most creative shows this season. Full of energy and power but also some very subtle and musical moments. The visual programs were fantastic, both drill and guard.

2. Cavaliers. The guard was awesome and the show was so fun.

Blue Devils

Blue Knights

Glassmen

Blue Stars

Madison

I have to give two other shout outs:

Troopers for making such a big come back!

Pioneer for being the most improved corps. They really stepped it up this year!

Blue Devils. I only got to see them in the theatre, but the show stood out to me as a set of superlatives. Great horns, great drums, great guard, great design.

SCV. A show filled with great excitement, and come one everyone, can we please acknowledge that cymbals are awesome, and every corp should have them!

Crown. Great concept and program coordination. Great horns, much better on drums and the guard was very good.

Bluecoats. I liked the concept of the show a lot, and they can flat out play.

The Academy. First corp to surprise me in a long time when I saw them live.

Glassmen. Never been a big fan of theirs, but I loved the show this year and last. Slowly winning me over.

Edited by dmacp