Auditioning for Div. 1

I asked my folks if I could try out for Crown...

They had a good laugh before definate (but gentle) "NO!"

dccorpsfan -

pm me and i would be happy to give you my cell phone number to forward on to your folks if there are any questions i could answer for them about CC. I marched SOA back in the day and our son has just completed his 2nd season with CC.

sara

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*sigh* I wish I could go audition for a Div 1 again...

First off, that matter's where. Second, if someone is choosing to audition for a corps or not based on where that corps placed in some random year, they are picking and marchign for the wrong reasons.

Oh yeah, by the way, just cause some corps beat another doesn't mean the one that "beat the other" is going to have more talent show up.

That's a pretty naive approach to thinking about a groups quality.

1. It matters everywhere... believe it or not, people DO factor in placement as to where they will audition.. i'm not saying that's what i do/did personally, but to say that people don't do that would be incorrect.. AND, as you said, naive.

2. People march for different reasons, some competitive and some not. I think you are the one that is being naive.

Oh yeah, by the way, just cause some corps beat another doesn't mean the one that "beat the other" is going to have more talent show up.

You're correct, but also I don't think it would necessarily be any harder to make scouts than blue stars.. if you want to march scouts, try out there.. and THEN go somewhere else if you get cut..

That's a pretty naive approach to thinking about a groups quality.

I think you're only one that's being naive. I said nothing about either one of the groups "quality."

I simply stated a fact.

FACT : Blue stars beat the scouts.

I can say that because it's true. Does it necessarily mean that the blue stars had more talent than the scouts?

no... but to say "I think i'm gonna go audition for blue stars because i don't think i could make scouts" is obviously flawed logically because blue stars are just as good or better... and WILL have a talent level on par with the scouts which will be largely effected by last years placements.

Edited by baristeve

1. It matters everywhere... believe it or not, people DO factor in placement as to where they will audition.. i'm not saying that's what i do/did personally, but to say that people don't do that would be incorrect.. AND, as you said, naive.

2. People march for different reasons, some competitive and some not. I think you are the one that is being naive.

You're correct, but also I don't think it would necessarily be any harder to make scouts than blue stars.. if you want to march scouts, try out there.. and THEN go somewhere else if you get cut..

I think you're only one that's being naive. I said nothing about either one of the groups "quality."

I simply stated a fact.

FACT : Blue stars beat the scouts.

I can say that because it's true. Does it necessarily mean that the blue stars had more talent than the scouts?

no... but to say "I think i'm gonna go audition for blue stars because i don't think i could make scouts" is obviously flawed logically because blue stars are just as good or better... and WILL have a talent level on par with the scouts which will be largely effected by last years placements.

i don't want this to get way out of whack but isn't this the first time in like 30 years that the Blue Stars beat the Scouts? If thats true doesn't that mean the Scouts are better then Blue Stars?

logically because blue stars are just as good or better...

right there.

I said just as good or better.. they were better than the scouts in 07 and they COULD be in 08, or they could not be.. and it's not really even debatable since there was almost a 3 point gap between the two so obviously there was a significant performance level increase from 15-14.

Look, i'm not tryin to say one corps is better than the other, i'm just sayin that if you want to try out for scouts but you don't think you can make scouts, saying that you'll go to blue stars instead doesn't really make a lot of sense.

Getting back on track, who else is auditioning where?

Well, at the moment, I plan on auditioning for The Cavaliers, Carolina Crown, and possibly the Blue Devils (I mean, I'll probably go to the camp, but that's as much as I know at the moment). I really want to audition for The Cavaliers, but there are conflicts with the Atlanta camp. I've been trying to get in contact with someone about that, but nobody's gotten back to me about it yet.