Auditioning for Div. 1

Saxophone -> Soprano Bugle -> Bass

Pretty wide range there bro, lol

Need any info on Spirit from JSU hornline auditions, feel free to drop me a pvt message.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saxophone -> Soprano Bugle -> Bass

Pretty wide range there bro, lol

Need any info on Spirit from JSU hornline auditions, feel free to drop me a pvt message.

I do percussion for indoor, normally, so yeah. Haha.

I have Cymbal Experience as well.

Yup.

I try to keep myself busy.

I know I already responded to this, but things change. :)

I'm actually flip-flopping between auditioning for the Cavaliers on trumpet and the Cadets on mellophone. On one hand, the Cavaliers have always been one of my favorites and I'd really love to march there. On the other hand, the Cadets are another one of my favorites, plus I actually auditioned for for Gino and Larry Markiewicz this weekend (at the Collegiate Band Festival in Allentown) not only are they awesome, but they told me that I'd probably make the corps or at the very least get a callback (Larry was actually impressed with my mello sound which surprised me, I haven't been playing mell for long). But there's the issue of the Cadets "style" in recent years... I'm certainly not trying to start another one of those threads, but is it my style?

Choices, choices...

I'm auditioning for a trumpet spot in the 2008 Carolina Crown hornline, and man, am I excited. =)

I know I already responded to this, but things change. :)

But there's the issue of the Cadets "style" in recent years... I'm certainly not trying to start another one of those threads, but is it my style?

Choices, choices...

I was in your exact shoes before!

Cadets Mellophone? :-) I'm a baritone player but...whew that's an offer! Golden Section with the most notes of all sections in DCI! If you're a mello, I'll tell you that you'd probably bond with those chaps real real quick. Finger Blazin Family that is.

Wow Cadets and Cavaliers. Very very different animals here. Eitherway you're going to enjoy your summer. Though, I can tell you from audition experiences, it's easier to make Cadets than Cavaliers for a number of reasons.

I am auditioning for Pacific Crest's color guard. I can't wait to be apart of drum corps finally, after four years of watching and cheering on my best friend I will get to take the field. That's if I make it. :P

SPIRIT from JSU.

Mellophone.

=] =] =]

My cousin, who plays clarinet and is learning mellophone, is probably auditioning with me. Has anyone played clarinet and made a Div. I (now world class) corps after just learning mello? Just curious.

<---clarinet/mello here.

<---clarinet/mello here.

*High five*

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't bother looking but has anyone received percussion audition packets from Phantom ? They said they haven't sent it yet but It's been a while! :rolleyes: