Auditioning for Div. 1

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
does it matter how the scouts do. I think its an honor to march there no matter how they do.

My names Robert I play trumpet and i plan on auditioning for glassmen and if i don't make it there i am going to tryout for legends if they become div 3 and do more shows.

I believe he was talking about their cymbal line, not their scores.

Also, I've read a few people here saying they're trying out for both BD and SCV. Yeah... that's something you might want to keep on the DL at camp, lol. The normal rules of multiple-corps auditioning are a little different with these two groups.

My name is Zach and I'm trying out for Bluecoats, Cadets, Carolina Crown and sending tapes into SCV and Blue Devils wish me luck. lol Also good luck to everyone trying out for a corps.

My name is Zach and I'm trying out for Bluecoats, Cadets, Carolina Crown and sending tapes into SCV and Blue Devils wish me luck. lol Also good luck to everyone trying out for a corps.

I'm not bashing you, or your efforts in anyway at all, but why are doing this?

all 5 of those corps were in the top 7, and any one of them could have moved up to the top 4... It just seems to me, if you're good enough for one of them, you'll make all of them... if you're not good enough for one of them, you'll be SOL, and won't have anywhere else to go.

~>conner

Hey

Im Skylar King and ill be auditioning for SPIRIT on the trunpet line. I ve never marched corp before so im kinda worried about that, but i hope i do well. Good luck to everyone else

I think I am going to audition for Jersey Surf. Closest one to me and our high school drill ininstructor is on the staff. I think I will go for it. Money is my biggest problem though. Especially now they might go D1. :laugh:

But I am going to try to not let that stop me!

Oh and trying out on trumpet!

Edited by 2008vbmb

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still deciding whether or not to audition at Surf this year, or work this summer and wait until next year, so I can afford it and so that I can improve my skills. As of now, since I wouldn't want to attend any audition unprepared, I'm most likely not going to audition until next year. I honestly don't think I would have a chance of making the line after only having played the trumpet for a few months. I definitely will do everything it takes, though, to march DCI when I still have the opportunity.