Bluecoats Brass this year

Most of our "teeth" were sadly taken out before finals week...

Ask our brass staff... :(

This is something I've been meaning to post about .. but unfortunately life has been too hectic.

After seeing the show in San Antonio, and listening to the APD about a bazillion times, when I saw the quarters show in the theater I immediately noticed that some parts had been watered down, particularly some of the wild stuff the contra line had been doing. I was surprised, because it seemed fairly clean even back in San Antonio, at least to me - certainly not anything that couldn't be polished up in time for finals.

Anyone that was able to follow the season more closely know when (and perhaps why) some of these parts were watered down?

Regardless, the show rocked, and I'm not really upset about placements at all, I know they did an amazing job with one of the most challenging shows the corps has ever attempted. I can't wait for next year...

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha....

No comment.

Dude, expend more energy hating a marching band on the internet.

I think it'd be really healthy for you.

I think the real message is that finals placements really don't tell the whole story of what happened during the course of a season, or even finals week.

There was so much more than "Bluecoats-7th place" could ever say.

Also, Albert sucks.

Anyone that was able to follow the season more closely know when (and perhaps why) some of these parts were watered down?

when, was primarily around the last three weeks of tour. late july, kansas-ish, to the end. contras lost some of their parts in oregon and clovis, a few weeks after the mellos.

why, was for "quality" and "clarity's" sake, if youre looking for direct quotes.

thanks for the kind words.

when, was primarily around the last three weeks of tour. late july, kansas-ish, to the end. contras lost some of their parts in oregon and clovis, a few weeks after the mellos.

why, was for "quality" and "clarity's" sake, if youre looking for direct quotes.

thanks for the kind words.

Jared,

Great to see you! You guys rocked this summer. It was great catching up with you at Denison. Regardless of scores, you guys had the most talented hornline this year. Will you be at the awards dinner?

Elmo Blatch

Bluecoats hornline's feet/upper body posture... um... not so much.

False.

~Jon Cordell

PS: You still didn't march in 2002. Stop putting that in your sig. You don't deserve the nickel.

Edited by JonCordell

um...wrong topic...but i havent been able to find it anywhere..... what style do the bluecoats march?