Alpharetta Review

CorpsVets? OMG! (Warning: shamelessly biased review to follow)

The Pit has many great exposed parts and with Jennifer, Whitney, Tammy, and Mighty Joe Hamm keeping all the new guys in line, it's a treat to listen to and watch.

Awwwe thanks Egon! :ph34r:

It was a really fun show even though we did feel like we were being fried on the field.

Edited by CVchip

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad you guys liked the facility. Those FieldTurf installations are impressive and nice to march on, albeit very hot during the summer. ALLIANCE has been very lucky the last two seasons to have two great high schools supporting us. We used it a good bit last season and continue to have an excellent relationship with them. Northview also has a nice Jumbotron as well and CHS is putting in a bid to keep up with them. It will be nice to watch a DCA show next summer with video close-ups on the jumbotron if it is installed in time!

ALLIANCE management spent a fair amount of time working with the CHS boosters to let them know what you all would want and we certainly made notes of what we'd like to see next year if we continue to do a Sunday show there. Suggestions are welcomed, so please let us know. Rehearsal space was at a premium and I apologize to those who weren't happy with their arrangements Sunday morning - we'll get the bugs worked out for next year.

A quick note for those interested - one of the neighboring homeowners marched in Bergen County a long, long time ago and when she heard the music, she jumped in her car and sped over. If I had to guess, she probably marched Bergen in the 60's or early 70's. She was THRILLED there was a drum corps show in her neighborhood!!!

Truth is, we want you to be safe and after seeing a few people struggle with the heat, we may bid for a Saturday night show next season instead. Sunday shows work great in the Northeast and other places where it's a touch cooler (or less humid, anyway), but I feel for my GCS brothers and sisters who had a long hot day and a long bus ride home. I only live a mile and a half from CHS, didn't march, and I was beat. I can only imagine how all of you feel and hope everyone got home safe. I also felt bad for MCL and CV and those hot uniforms - a couple of you really worried me for a while there.

Speaking of CV, I want to PUBLICLY thank CorpsVets for being at our show. I hope you felt as welcome in Johns Creek as we felt in Rockmart! Rockmart HS is ALWAYS a great place for a show and I like their facility very much - always have. Lots of open space, great parking, good Mexican chicken soup only a few blocks away, and Italian ice - not easy to find that. And now you have a Wal-Mart!!! Represent the South and kick some ### in Rochester in two weeks!!!

Was that a mexican hat dance being performed by the mellophones around their instruments on the ground? Throwing the roses was a nice touch.

No Egon, that was a Flamenco dance, thank you very much. b**bs

Thanks for noticing.

good Mexican chicken soup only a few blocks away...

Hell Yes! It doesn't matter how hot it gets during summer rehearsals, chicken soup from El Nopal is mmm, mmm good!

PS- Any better luck on Sunday with the camera?

Edited by RJ CVmellophone

Gulf Coast Sound has definitely stepped way up this year. The hornline is balanced, controlled, and very musical. Loved the set drummer in the Pit as well. Very nice show.

Thanks for your kind words! We have worked hard and really have a blast performing that show!

Derby City Knights and Shenandoah Sound were out to entertain and did not disappoint. Kudos to the percussionist in DCK who played all five tonal basses set up on a rack. You rawked! The guy who did the xylophone solo was very impressive as well.

Thank you very much. I will pass the compliments onto them.

Even though it was an extremely long, hot and tiring weekend, we really did have a blast at both Rockmart and Alpharetta. DCK is looking forward to making the trip again next year.

Great show guys and what a great place to hold it.

What was the deal with the showers,,,Hot only???Never seen that before.

http://www.northfulton.com/1editorialbody....;-token.subpub=

Also, CV made the front page of the print version and we got a full-page writeup of the contest with lots of photos!