Moving Battery

How can't you? By the way, I noticed you marched '75. Great program. I'm kind of shocked you guys didn't take high percussion that year.

No direspect to Anaheim (check out the xKingsmen website for how I feel), but that SCV drumline is maybe the greatest battery in DCI history (27th 84 and Bridgemen 82 could be as well), and definitely IMO the greatest snareline ever. Muchachos that year were also absolutely scary.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking it was '80 Santa Clara with their asymetrical drill for "The Planets".

They were waaaayyyyy ahead of their time.

Umm...one part of our show in 1980 was called "The Planet Krypton" and that was asymetrical......drumline was not on the 50.

How can't you? By the way, I noticed you marched '75. Great program. I'm kind of shocked you guys didn't take high percussion that year.

Is there a video of this on the internet. I saw it on the DCI website last autumn and it was really great.

Uhhh... We did.

Edited by Russellrks

Well, nevermind then!

I don't know why I thought Madison won percussion.

• 2 weeks later...

But if you go a little further back - to 1971 let's say, many corps like St. Rita's Brassmen were all over the field…

And the drummers were not left out to just march up and down on the 50 yard line. Carmen Cluna believed in integrating everyone in his drills.

asymetricalOTL.jpg

case in point.