winter circuit "blast" style

Could there be an indoor circuit in the fall/spring, with a show like blast puts on?

Aha, another disciple! I'm gaining members, guys.

no. everyone over 30 would complain too much about it not being drumcorps anymore, and everyone with any amount of hearing left would pretty much lose it instantly.

Cynic. What OP is posing doesn't change summer or DCI, if this were seperate, at all. Think [bOX] >-----> over here!

no. everyone over 30 would complain too much about it not being drumcorps anymore, and everyone with any amount of hearing left would pretty much lose it instantly.

Which is why it should consist of only flutes and clarinets... ^0^

Not sure if I am allowed to mention it, so sorry mods if I am breaking a rule, but Blue Knights Winter Brass is similar to that. Check it out on youtube.

The way winterguard/drumlines are set up, I don't think it would work just because members would basically have to choose. But if there was a seperate winter brass category that had competitions the same way same time as winterguard/drumline shows, and then have everyone come together for drum corps season.

That to me seems the most plausible

I dont know if the rule is still there or not, but when I was teach winter percussion a few years ago, there was a rule that you could have live music (brass n such) as long as the music ensemble did not out number the colorguard (if doing a winterguard show) , or percussion ensemble.