CRU or KILTS?

I hate to feed the trolls, but I think the only thing that matters at this point is that EVERYONE in this activity put their blood sweat and tears into their individual performances, and the placement fell where it did.

Drum Corp is about the thrill of performance, the rush of excitement you get when the crowd goes wild, the people you meet, the friends you make, and the bonds you share.

We worked our butts of to get into Finals, and to generalize that by saying "and CRU made finals due to Carolina Gold going inactive for 2007." is slap in the face to every member of EVERY CORP, not just the Rochester Crusaders

While I respect everyone's right to have opinions, I feel your constant trolling of this forum is completely disgusting and uncalled for.

I agree, Brad. Especially for those of us that were in Cru last year, the fight to finals was so emotionally charged that we worked harder than ever to make it there. Everyone worked hard, the new members included. Whatever the reasoning for saying that the only reason Cru made it to finals is because Carolina folded, it's still a big slap in the face. Saying something like that is like completely voiding all of our hard work.

I personally love drum corps because of the family I gain and the adrenaline rush that I get when I walk onto that field. I understand that this thread wouldn't be interesting to read if people didn't have differing opinions, but some comments are just unnecessary. It's one thing to have an opinion, it's another to disregard the achievements of any corp.

PS- i big heart you B-rad. :P

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Venice, FL they call it compitition but in Sarasota we say competition. Just kidding Don...you were with the Eegulls right? LOL

i think i need spell check :rolleyes:

Hey Kiltie Brother! I guess my disappointment clouded my vision, but I really thought you could have had a much better 'performance'. Throw all the show design stuff and judging inequities that have been posted elsewhere out the window. Maybe the show felt OK to you on the field but from where I was sitting believe me when I say I was nearly crying with disappointment because I wanted so badly for the Kilties to be on the field Sunday night. As someone else posted, it wasn't just one or two little tears. It seemed 1/2 the corps was out of sync for way too long to be overlooked.

I hope you are right in your assessment of the outlook for 2008. Nothing would make me happier than to see Racine come storm'n back next year. I hope neither you or any of my Kiltie friends are upset at my post, but I'm just a candid guy.....and a sub par performance was what I saw. Its my opinion and seems to be backed up by the score. I'm proud to have been a Kiltie and even my limited time there makes me feel like part of a special family.

Oh and congrats to JC and the rest of the ensemble group for your 4th place finish at I&E.

Gord Moffatt - Toronto

Kiltie 1999 (and likely would still be there if they moved Lake Michigan and Lake Huron out of the way)

Hey Gord Ive no reason to doubt your sincerity. The tears didnt appear to me to be that serious or long lasting, and review of the video doesnt indicate huge problems. But if you say they were egregious Ill take your word for it.

I agree, Brad. Especially for those of us that were in Cru last year, the fight to finals was so emotionally charged that we worked harder than ever to make it there. Everyone worked hard, the new members included. Whatever the reasoning for saying that the only reason Cru made it to finals is because Carolina folded, it's still a big slap in the face. Saying something like that is like completely voiding all of our hard work.

I personally love drum corps because of the family I gain and the adrenaline rush that I get when I walk onto that field. I understand that this thread wouldn't be interesting to read if people didn't have differing opinions, but some comments are just unnecessary. It's one thing to have an opinion, it's another to disregard the achievements of any corp.

PS- i big heart you B-rad. :P

Some DCP members have taken this thread a bit too serious. I didn't slap anyone in the face by saying that Gold's folding left a void. However, if certain individuals feel that they have been slapped in the face by the statement then that is their choice. The disappearance of a Top Ten Finalist drum corps left an opportunity for other Finalist results in 2007.

Nothing more ... nothing less !!!

Twist away !!!

Some DCP members have taken this thread a bit too serious. I didn't slap anyone in the face by saying that Gold's folding left a void. However, if certain individuals feel that they have been slapped in the face by the statement then that is their choice. The disappearance of a Top Ten Finalist drum corps left an opportunity for other Finalist results in 2007.

Nothing more ... nothing less !!!

Twist away !!!

Brownie,

The year starts with a clean slate, correct? Everyone starts at square one? So in the grand scheme of things Gold's "folding" means nothing! I don't mean to slight the corps but they are not around. It didn't "open" the door. What if they did come back and compete and scored in the 70's? All it meant is that another corps scored high enough to make top 10. So your idea that Gold's folding opened up a spot does not make sense.

Brownie,

The year starts with a clean slate, correct? Everyone starts at square one? So in the grand scheme of things Gold's "folding" means nothing! I don't mean to slight the corps but they are not around. It didn't "open" the door. What if they did come back and compete and scored in the 70's? All it meant is that another corps scored high enough to make top 10. So your idea that Gold's folding opened up a spot does not make sense.

you know kieth trying to reason with some of these people is rediculous. it's like beating your head against a wall. they don't get what judging is all about. they think because a corps did something last year or last week then they deserve that. so i guess in there way of thinking that because the kilts came in where they did that they have no chance to make finals next year. do you think they will ever get it??

Brownie,

I hear what you are saying in regards to Gold not being guaranteed of performing at their 2006 level even if they had come out in 2007. Gold may very well not be able to obtain their prior performance level if they come out in 2008 as well. But a point can be made that, rgardless of whether it be Gold or any other prior year DCA finalist drum corps, the disappearance of a quality marching unit does leave a void/opportunity for other DCA drum ccorps. The same argument can be made that the inclusion of drum corps like the Inspires, Etc would probably pose a problem for existing DCA finalist drum corps in any given year. I do wish CRU only the best in 2008 and beyond. The CRU members that I have met in the past seemed very genuine. However, there have been statements stating that CRu is back for good, Cru should have scored higher, Etc ... Maybe CRU is back for good (Whatever that is worth - I.E. how long is for good - forever ???)). Maybe Cru should have scored higher. Only time will tell.

Enough said.

you know kieth trying to reason with some of these people is rediculous. it's like beating your head against a wall. they don't get what judging is all about. they think because a corps did something last year or last week then they deserve that. so i guess in there way of thinking that because the kilts came in where they did that they have no chance to make finals next year. do you think they will ever get it??

Don,

I am coming down there to teach you how to spell...it's K E I T H!

I know, what can you do?

I hear what you are saying in regards to Gold not being guaranteed of performing at their 2006 level even if they had come out in 2007. Gold may very well not be able to obtain their prior performance level if they come out in 2008 as well. But a point can be made that, rgardless of whether it be Gold or any other prior year DCA finalist drum corps, the disappearance of a quality marching unit does leave a void/opportunity for other DCA drum ccorps. The same argument can be made that the inclusion of drum corps like the Inspires, Etc would probably pose a problem for existing DCA finalist drum corps in any given year. I do wish CRU only the best in 2008 and beyond. The CRU members that I have met in the past seemed very genuine. However, there have been statements stating that CRu is back for good, Cru should have scored higher, Etc ... Maybe CRU is back for good (Whatever that is worth - I.E. how long is for good - forever ???)). Maybe Cru should have scored higher. Only time will tell.

Enough said.

Crusaders took one year off from competing...they did NOT fold. The have been in existence for 60 years(?) Of the DCA corps competing, what corps has been together as long or longer? Cabs...YES. Govies....Yes anyone else? I'm not sure so I am asking.

Crusaders took one year off from competing...they did NOT fold. The have been in existence for 60 years(?) Of the DCA corps competing, what corps has been together as long or longer? Cabs...YES. Govies....Yes anyone else? I'm not sure so I am asking.

Ok, Ok,

what's the dif?

The line-up of corps' changes a little EVERY year.

The bottom line is that Cru didn't get in by default, or by backing in. If they had LAST YEAR'S corps, they may not have been in the tenth spot this year. MCL is out there and they also improved; a lot.

But Cru improved their product (are they the most improved corps this year, maybe?) and TOOK the tenth spot; by points.

Whether some other corps might have or could have been there is irrelevent to THIS year.

Someone mentioned that every year stands on it's own. Makes sence to me. And, in a way, it was Cru's year.

Congrats!

Edited by brassomaniac