Favorite 27th Lancers Program

While 1980 was the most accomplished year for the corps (I still remember seeing them early and thinking they were one of the cleanest visual corps ever...in JULY!), I still think the greatest 27 corps was the 1975 corps. It was such a radical show, exciting, different (Pace never got the kind of credit he deserved for the asymmetry design) and entertaining. One of the greatest photos in drum corps history is of 75 finals from back field after the Danny Boy wheel splits and the rifles are going through the middle and you can see the perfection of the rifles and the wall of people standing on their feet applauding.

Pure theater, and one of those photos that capture the esscence of the activity's performance pull.

While 1980 was the most accomplished year for the corps (I still remember seeing them early and thinking they were one of the cleanest visual corps ever...in JULY!), I still think the greatest 27 corps was the 1975 corps. It was such a radical show, exciting, different (Pace never got the kind of credit he deserved for the asymmetry design) and entertaining. One of the greatest photos in drum corps history is of 75 finals from back field after the Danny Boy wheel splits and the rifles are going through the middle and you can see the perfection of the rifles and the wall of people standing on their feet applauding.

Pure theater, and one of those photos that capture the esscence of the activity's performance pull.

Break it out...I wanna see!

1980 - no doubt in my mind.

However....

I still shed a hidden tear everytime I hear "Danny Boy". Period. :worthy:

I had an idea in 1994 to sell at our souvie booth a Danny Boy crying towel. It would have had the corps logo and the lyrics to D.B. on it. Never materialized. After hearing it and playing it 5,236 times, I no longer get weepy when I hear it.